This topic is for non-members looking for MN users' input; there is a £30 fee.

New TV Series on Past Relationships

(17 Posts)
MEDIA: twofourproducer Thu 27-Oct-16 13:10:02

NEW TV SERIES

Award winning TV company Twofour Broadcast (Educating Yorkshire, The Jump) are looking for people to take part in a new prime-time TV series for a major channel.

This exciting new series will explore unresolved past relationships , and we are specifically looking to speak with people who want to rekindle love, ask some burning questions or find closure for once and for all.

In this warm and positive experience couples who are no longer together will have the opportunity to meet again in a comfortable environment, and talk through their relationship honestly and openly.

FILMING INFORMATION :
Filming will involve ex couples reuniting for one evening in a luxury apartment.
The unique ‘fixed rig’ filming style means cameras are discreet and non-intrusive. This allows couples to feel relaxed in their own space without the presence of a filming crew.
Filming is due to take place across 2 days in January 2017.
All travel expenses will be covered as well as dinner and accommodation.

EMAIL: RELATIONSHIPS@TWOFOUR.CO.UK FOR MORE INFO

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Sun 30-Oct-16 22:03:32

I have a question.

Why the fuck would anyone want to hash things out with their ex in front of (potentially) their parents, their neighbours, their kids' teachers, their work colleagues & the checkout staff from their local supermarket?

Especially with these non-intrusive cameras making it all the easier to forget they're on TV.

Then again, people go on Jeremy Kyle.

Sparklingbrook Sun 30-Oct-16 22:07:56

I don't get it. Do you have to get the ex to agree to it? What if they don't want anything rekindling?

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sun 30-Oct-16 22:20:23

Can you imagine it, you get a phone call from the production team saying your ex has volunteered for this and are you interested?

Sparklingbrook Sun 30-Oct-16 22:26:49

Exactly Who you are all happily settled with your family then Boom! sexy ex from way back when is back in touch. shock And what's more they want you to go on the telly with them in a luxury apartment no less.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sun 30-Oct-16 22:30:18

What a dilemma!

BeingATwatItsABingThing Sun 30-Oct-16 22:30:59

This sounds like it will go nowhere. People are usually your ex for a reason. I can imagine nothing worse than being forced to spend one on one time with any of my exes.

TheWildRumpyPumpus Sun 30-Oct-16 22:45:57

I can't see any exes agreeing to do this! Although people do seem willing to do anything to be on TV.

PortiaCastis Sun 30-Oct-16 22:48:58

No ta I've just taken out an injunction to keep the bastard away.

VanillaSugarandPumpkinSpice Sun 30-Oct-16 23:44:05

What happens if I take part in this series and then I "accidentally" "kill" my ex husband because he is such a "twat"?

Will you pay my legal costs and get me off?

Sparklingbrook Mon 31-Oct-16 06:16:18

Sounds like a ratings winner to me Vanilla. wink

BeingATwatItsABingThing Mon 31-Oct-16 06:24:53

Vanilla, maybe they could do a short episode before yours to really get the audience on your side.

VanillaSugarandPumpkinSpice Mon 31-Oct-16 10:50:22

I.e. the Vanilla Filla episode? Like it!

Two Four producers: I am available for public appearances and fete openings. But no scissors, please otherwise I'll stab the fcjer

Clutterbugsmum Mon 31-Oct-16 10:57:36

Why the fuck would this be a prime time TV.

For gods how about making a proper show rather then some
cheapTV reality show.

No wonder Netfix/Amazon prime are getting more people using it.

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Mon 31-Oct-16 11:08:02

They're saying the couple will be left completely to themselves during the filming, but they're going to want stress & conflict & jeopardy to max ratings so are they going to work them up as much as possible beforehand?

VanillaSugarandPumpkinSpice Mon 31-Oct-16 12:00:13

And if it's an apartment, there will be a bed. Hope this is going to be shown after 9pm dot dot dot...

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Mon 31-Oct-16 12:28:45

It's meant to be a post-watershed Jeremy Kyle, isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now