This topic is for non-members looking for MN users' input; there is a £30 fee.

Hi, mums, what's your opinions on 2 tubs per person purchase limits?

(33 Posts)
Jinxia Tue 16-Aug-16 16:37:36

Hi smile, this survey is for my master dissertation. Danone requested that retailers should place sales restrictions on baby formula due to shortage in UK in 2013. However, 3 years later, many people indicate that this could be one of Danone's marketing strategies. This survey aims to explore how this rationing affects mums buying decision. It will be much appreciated for your participation. Thanks in advance.wink
www.surveymonkey.com/r/GRMVJNJ

LilacSpunkMonkey Tue 16-Aug-16 16:38:40

You need to get this moved.

You can't just rock up and drop surveys where you want. You need permission from HQ.

Jinxia Tue 16-Aug-16 16:40:26

ok, I am deleting.

MidnightVelvettheSixth Tue 16-Aug-16 16:40:44

Hi Jinxia, do you need a vagina in order to complete your survey?

Or can stay at home dads who also buy formula milk & feed their children complete it as well....

LilacSpunkMonkey Tue 16-Aug-16 16:43:17

You're deleting?

How? Do you have access to a special button somewhere?

babyboyHarrison Tue 16-Aug-16 16:43:33

I tried to answer this questionnaire but some of the questions are quite poorly phrased and could be interpreted in multiple ways making it very difficult to answer. You may want to consider amending your questions a little for clarity. For what it's worth the rationing had made no difference to me at all and the shops I go to have never run out so I only ever but 1 carton when I need it. Neither did it make any difference to my choice of brand.

Kalispera Tue 16-Aug-16 16:44:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Jinxia Tue 16-Aug-16 16:46:53

You guys are making me nervous..
Can't I post this survey? I actually cannot find any way to remove this.blush

LilacSpunkMonkey Tue 16-Aug-16 16:47:41

That's nice Kalispera

Kalispera Tue 16-Aug-16 16:48:17

I think if you report your own OP you can ask them to move it to the best place.

Ignore the sarcastic bastards grin

Kalispera Tue 16-Aug-16 16:48:54

Lilac it was much nicer than you being rude to someone who is new to this forum, for no reason.

LilacSpunkMonkey Tue 16-Aug-16 16:49:55

You think calling people 'special assholes' is worse than what I said?

Ok then...

LilacSpunkMonkey Tue 16-Aug-16 16:50:15

Or nicer, even!

MidnightVelvettheSixth Tue 16-Aug-16 16:51:10

Hi again OP, if you want it deleted then click the Report button & send a message to MNHQ to delete it.

Then post it again in Non Member Requests & delete the 'mums' part as its parents, not just females who can respond smile

Jinxia Tue 16-Aug-16 16:52:27

yeah, some mums or some organisation may feel that this ration could be some marketing ploy. I am trying to know if it could actually affect buying decision.

Jinxia Tue 16-Aug-16 16:53:28

Thanks for all your suggestions

LuckySantangelo1 Tue 16-Aug-16 16:57:49

Hi OP, i tried to complete your survey but some of the questions are badly worded. It's quite confusing. I think maybe English isn't your first language? Maybe get a friend to proof read it and make corrections before re-posting it.

Kalispera Tue 16-Aug-16 17:07:08

Lilac, it was a dick move to a newbie. No need at all.

LilacSpunkMonkey Tue 16-Aug-16 17:08:41

Telling them they need permission and to should get it moved?

Worse than calling people assholes?

Jinxia Tue 16-Aug-16 17:31:50

Hi, I have reported it.
Thanks for your reply. First time to do a survey, and I am doing my best to modify the wording.
I have to say that both dads and mums can do this survey. My fault for the title.

EnquiringMingeWantsToKnow Tue 16-Aug-16 17:38:19

I read it out of curiosity and I agree that you need to get it proof read by a native English speaker. It's an interesting hypothesis though. I assumed rationing was due to the wish to prevent exports to China. It's impressively cynical, (though quite possibly correct) to suspect that it's a perverse marketing ploy.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 16-Aug-16 17:42:28

Hey all,

We'll move this thread to the right section now.

LucyLucyLou Tue 16-Aug-16 17:44:20

But there was an issue with formula in China. There were news reports of it being exported for resale there.

ColdAsIceCubes Tue 16-Aug-16 17:49:37

Lilac, it was how you addressed the op, you were rude and there was no need for the attitude you were just being goady.

I've completed your survey op.

TrojanWhore Tue 16-Aug-16 18:01:06

Who invited the thread police along here?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now