This topic is for non-members looking for MN users' input; there is a £30 fee.

** NEW TV SHOW - WE WANT YOUR COMPLAINTS **

(87 Posts)
MEDIA: TVComplaints Tue 09-Aug-16 15:19:01

Have you been burnt by sun cream?

Bought a broken bog brush?

Or does your child's pushchair just not collapse down?

There's no problem too big or too small for The Complaints Department!

We’re a new TV show, armed with a team of engineers to work out the problem with your products, and consumer experts ready to tackle company giants on your behalf.

We’ll look at everything from non-popping popcorn and odorising deodorants, to turbulent tumble dryers and smashed smartphones.

So if you have a complaint – get in touch!

Email: thecomplaintsdepartment@plumpictures.co.uk
Text or Call us: 07512 617 815

elliearkle Tue 09-Aug-16 15:38:55

Here's our more detailed ad, please get in touch for more information!

The Complaints Department

Plum Pictures are producing a new consumer TV show for a major UK broadcaster and we want to hear your complaints.

Trying to resolve a consumer complaint and having no luck? From hazardous electrical goods, to online products that don’t match the description. From toasters that break on the first use, to iron-free clothes that are anything but. We want to shine a light on poor quality and defective products – big or small, dangerous or ridiculous.

We are armed with a team of engineers, ready to work out the problem with your products, and consumer experts ready to tackle company giants on your behalf. If there is a case to answer, we could attempt to get a resolution for you.

No complaint is too small or unusual for us, so if you want to come on TV and tell us about it, get in touch.

Text or call us on 07512 617 815
Or email thecomplaintsdepartment@plumpictures.co.uk

glasgowlass Tue 09-Aug-16 15:44:19

So basically a shite 'Watchdog' or 'Rip Off Britain' then?

redshoeblueshoe Wed 10-Aug-16 10:22:57

My complaint is that everything on TV is shite. Can you do anything about that ?

SlinkyVagabond Wed 10-Aug-16 10:28:21

Get in! A meedja request. I'll put the kettle on. So far Shoes is winning.

Cinnamoncookie Wed 10-Aug-16 10:31:24

I'd like to complain about headers on forums that are ALL * IN * CAPITALS * WITH * STARS

redshoeblueshoe Wed 10-Aug-16 12:19:37

Thanks Slinky here brew

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Wed 10-Aug-16 12:23:06

I'd like to complain about the Mail & the Sun ripping off MN threads.

usual Wed 10-Aug-16 12:29:14

WILL YOU BE WEARING STATEMENT NECKLACES TO PRESENT THE SHOW LIKE GLORIA AND ANGELA ?

Sparklingbrook Wed 10-Aug-16 12:35:41

Will Dominic Littlewood be involved? He loves his 'conshoomers'. Or Lynne Faulds Wood because I like the way she says 'potential death trap'.

Gardencentregroupie Wed 10-Aug-16 12:38:12

You're asking Mumsnet about toilet brushes?? shock Brave or daft, you decide.

LewisAndClark Wed 10-Aug-16 12:39:38

Oh yes, I'm interested. My pelvic floor is not fit for purpose. Can you help me get a refund from somewhere?

CathFromCooberPedy Wed 10-Aug-16 12:41:49

Lewis grin (mine too hmm)

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Wed 10-Aug-16 12:43:47

Also, the ending of Xena: Warrior Princess was CRAP and it should have stopped with the episode where they flew off into the sunset.

redshoeblueshoe Wed 10-Aug-16 12:58:24

I can't believe non-members pay to keep us amused like this grin

Hassled Wed 10-Aug-16 13:12:46

"Turbulent tumble dryers" grin.

I'd like to complain about the fact that Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip was cancelled. It was a good show, dammit.

I'd also like to complain that the makers of the next series of Homeland haven't even starting shooting it yet - WTF have they been doing?

Also - B&Q aren't delivering my paving slabs till next Tuesday - can I complain about that? A week seems excessive.

There'll be more. I'll be back.

RatOnnaStick Wed 10-Aug-16 13:17:36

My children are faulty. I was promised angels and I have ratbags instead confused. Can your team of experts fix them? I'm definitely out of warranty so no refunds on the horizon...

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 10-Aug-16 13:19:24

Is this for channel 5?

RatherBeIndoors Wed 10-Aug-16 13:20:45

My children's books didn't come with a cast of actors to do the voices.
After I ate 6 mini magnums from the box of 6, there were none left.
My super-sharp needles for beadwork were sharp and pricked me.
Most bitterly importantly, the lens on the DC's toddler camera seems to make everyone me look older, fatter and greyer than my shredded imagination believes.

LadyMonicaBaddingham Wed 10-Aug-16 13:22:20

I want to complain, in the strongest possible terms, about having absolutely nothing to complain about; it's political correctness gone mad, I tell you!

ParadiseCity Wed 10-Aug-16 13:22:24

I think you should call this The Sadface Show. It sounds epic. You could have a points of view section. WHY OH WHY OH WHY. Or, get the lovely Dave Gorman to present it. Modern Life is Shitish.

HoneyDragon Wed 10-Aug-16 13:23:19

Did you know that fake tans not suitable for breast feeding? Because quite a few Mnetters didn't. Teeny Oompa Loompas everywhere.

Blue felt tip pens. Ditto. Despite saying child safe .

See also Immac. Don't have it in the house with small children.

Never take in the neighbours pouffe. Hazardous affair.

I could go on....

SlinkyVagabond Wed 10-Aug-16 13:26:21

Id like to complain about my husband. When I received him the bodywork was slim and taut and he had a passing resemblance to Paul Weller. Now though, the undercarriage has gone, he's has developed many annoying noises that Can't be fixed, hair grows where hair has no right to be and basically is not fit for purpose any longer. I KNOW MY RIGHTS! (Though I think he may say similar about me)
Cheers sparkling-I've now got LFW saying "potential death trap" as an ear worm.

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Wed 10-Aug-16 13:27:10

Honey, how exactly did the blue episode involve breast feeding?

confused

HoneyDragon Wed 10-Aug-16 13:31:02

It didn't the blue felt tip pens were caused by ill advisedly believing the claims they were washable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now