This topic is for non-members looking for MN users' input; there is a £30 fee.

Really important research on adoptive parents' children's home-school relations

(1 Post)
MEDIA: jusster Mon 11-Jul-16 13:42:12

Hi there,

It would be great if anyone could assist me with this really important research that I'm hoping to do. I'm a lecturer at Durham University and I'm starting a body of what I hope will be very important research into the experiences of adoptive parents in relation to their child's teachers and school. I'm an adoptive parent myself, and my experiences, plus the lack of research in this area in general, suggests that we need to know a huge amount more about the whats, whys and hows of how adopted children and their experiences and abilities are perceived at school, and how schools conceive of their relationships with adoptive parents. The exact title of the project is 'Home-school relations between adoptive parents and teachers: a study of experiences, practices and dynamics from the perspectives of the adoptive parents'. And I have ethical approval for the study of course.

If this sounds interesting and/or familiar to you, then please would you be able to contact me to discuss taking part in some interviews to find out more about your experiences. I would be extraordinarily grateful for any/all assistance. If not, thankyou for reading anyway. If yes, please do get in touch either to discuss further, to ask anything you want, or to volunteer to take part.

My email address is:
caroline.walker-gleaves@durham.ac.uk

sincerely and with huge thanks
Caroline

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now