This topic is for non-members looking for MN users' input; there is a £30 fee.

Tell us your views about using online forums during pregnancy!

(2 Posts)
MEDIA: HaileyUoE Fri 10-Jun-16 12:13:35

Seeking pregnant women who contribute to online forums about pregnancy, childbirth, and/or early infancy for a research project.

Hailey Zislis, here. I’m a master’s student in public health at the University of Edinburgh. I’m doing some research about how women use online forums for support and advice while they are pregnant and during the first months after birth.

What makes you post to them?

What kind of things do you speak about on online forums?

What’s it like using forums compared to asking your local friends or midwife about things?

Do you think about who else might read your posts?

I would like to invite you to do an informal interview with me to talk more about this. It would take about one hour and would be arranged at a time and setting most comfortable to you. We could do an interview via the telephone, Skype, or in-person (for those living within the Edinburgh area).

You will be given a £10 gift voucher to thank you for your important contribution to this study. If you are planning take part in the interview face-to-face, you will also be reimbursed for travel expenses within Edinburgh in addition to receiving the £10 gift voucher.

If you’re interested in taking part and would like to have a look at some further information about me and the study, please visit my project website at:

www.pregnancyandonlineforums.wordpress.com

Don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions or would like some further information.

h.zislis@sms.ed.ac.uk

I really look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you for your time.

Best Wishes,

Hailey Zislis

Candidate for the Master of Public Health
Centre for Population Health Sciences
College of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine
University of Edinburgh

HaileyUoE Mon 27-Jun-16 07:11:47

Good Morning!

I'm looking to arrange my last few interviews this week and have not yet had any volunteers from Mumsnet. I'm really keen to hear the views of Mumsnet members, so please do get in touch if you're currently pregnant and are interested in chatting with me about your use of, and views on, online forums about pregnancy, childbirth, and parenting.

For further details visit my website or just send me an email and I'll forward some more information.

Email: h.zislis@sms.ed.ac.uk

Thank you!

Best Wishes,

Hailey Zislis

Candidate for the Master of Public Health
Centre for Population Health Sciences
College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine
University of Edinburgh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now