This topic is for non-members looking for MN users' input; there is a £30 fee.

BRAND NEW TV SHOW ABOUT ALL YOU CAN EAT RESTAURANTS LOOKING FOR COUPLES AND FAMILIES TO TAKE PART!

(24 Posts)
MEDIA: Two Four Mon 15-Feb-16 17:01:55

We are producing a brand new documentary for Channel 4, focusing on all you can eat restaurants and the people that go to them.

We’re aiming to produce a light hearted documentary that explores why people love to eat at all you can eat restaurants, and are currently looking for people to take part. We are looking for all kinds of people, and are especially looking for families who love all you can eat buffets and food challenges.

Do your kids love all you can eat buffets?
Do you have a plan/ tactics to make sure you get the most out of your money at an all you can eat buffet?
Or do you never have a plan and just turn up and hope for the best?
Do you shame your partner/ does your partner shame you in how much you/ they eat at the restaurant?
Do your kids eat more than you and do they like doing food challenges with their friends?
Are you picky when it comes to food?

If any of the above applies to you, we want to hear from you!

If you are interested please call me on 02922 450 059 or e-mail AYCE@twofour.co.uk with your name and number. I would be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Twitterqueen Mon 15-Feb-16 17:04:38

Fantastic. Presumably there will be lots of shots of children and adults being egged on to eat as much as they possibly can - followed by shots of them puking on the street outside.

Any nods to sugar, obesity, greed, gluttony overweight children becoming obese adults in your plans? Thought not.

Hassled Mon 15-Feb-16 17:12:42

This is going to be a obese-nation-at-crisis show, isn't it? Will there will be shots of slightly tubby harassed mothers eating one too many spring rolls just because they can and an undercurrent of judgement throughout? The Daily Mail are thanking you already.

JOEYDOESNTSHAREFOOD Mon 15-Feb-16 17:14:49

There is no way you could come out of this well. Why on earth would anybody take part?

HoneyDragon Mon 15-Feb-16 17:15:25

WILL YOU SHOUT AT THEM TO EAT MORE.!?!

Hassled Mon 15-Feb-16 17:17:39

It'll be Man Vs Food, but with toddlers. Actually I think I'd probably watch that.

HoneyDragon Mon 15-Feb-16 17:20:05

I went to an all you can watch buffet the other week. Shockingly it was full of perfectly normal folk enjoying the variety of food on offer.

If you want a decent to programme than do one on Tapas rage.

You go out for Tapas and there is always on fuck off enormotwat who commanders at least three bowls (of normally expensive items) as they ""don't like /can't eat any of the other stuff. Wankers. They need to announce this BEFORE hand. Not turn into grabby fuckers after the void arrives angry

# neverdotapaswithstrangers

HoneyDragon Mon 15-Feb-16 17:21:32

*food

No idea where void came from. Apart from the void in my stomach after some steals all the food angry angry (I really have tapas issues)

mmmmmmmmmmcake Mon 15-Feb-16 17:21:50

Will the show be called Benefits Buffet?

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Mon 15-Feb-16 17:23:18

grinconfused

Hassled Mon 15-Feb-16 17:24:07

I get Tapas-Rage - someone will always, always order those potatoes with tomato sauce and then no-one will eat them because they're horrible; we're then all effectively denied a tapas which means our protracted "how many tapas do we need between 4 if one of us doesn't like prawns?" conversation was pointless. Do they even grow potatoes in Spain?

Hassled Mon 15-Feb-16 17:24:31

Benefits Buffet grin

HoneyDragon Mon 15-Feb-16 17:25:29

Oh those potato things are hideous, and yes there's always one twunt who orders them because they are filling. Then the eat all the fucking chicken 'cos they're twats.

EmpressOfTheVulvaCupcakes Mon 15-Feb-16 17:25:55

Are you trying to create participants for a follow-up where the parents go on a plus-size holiday while the kids are at fat camp?

HoneyDragon Mon 15-Feb-16 17:29:55

Fat camp always sounds dead cool, till you realise they really mean thin camp.

HoneyDragon Mon 15-Feb-16 17:30:39

This thread has made me hungry ...I'm orf to do something with an egg, crepe and hamburger.

EmpressOfTheVulvaCupcakes Mon 15-Feb-16 17:32:53

I'm just finishing a McD.

mmmmmmmmmmcake Mon 15-Feb-16 17:37:31

Thin camp grin

EmpressOfTheVulvaCupcakes Mon 15-Feb-16 19:07:08

LOOK!

Look, neighbours & boss & colleagues & DCs' teachers & school mums! Look at how much I put away at all you can eat buffets! Look at my DCs being picky and my DP being embarrassed! Isn't it great???

Said, um.... nobody ever?

KingLooieCatz Wed 09-Mar-16 12:33:24

I like the fact you can choose to have small portions actually. I'm not faced with a mountain of gooey fake Chinese when I was full after the starters anyway. And there's no behavior management while waiting for service. In, eat, pay, leave. Simples. Don't think we're what they're looking for.

OhShutUpThomas Wed 09-Mar-16 12:37:12

This has stitch-up written all over it.

Benefits Buffet grin

Own up. You're looking for poor people with fat kids to exploit, aren't you?

OhShutUpThomas Wed 09-Mar-16 12:38:32

And will you be serving them from one long trough?

These media requests are hilarious. They must think we're idiots.

TeaPleaseLouise Wed 09-Mar-16 12:42:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OhShutUpThomas Wed 09-Mar-16 13:15:18

Reading between the lines of

We are looking for....families who love all you can eat buffets and food challenges.

And -

Do your kids love all you can eat buffets?
Do you have a plan/ tactics to make sure you get the most out of your money at an all you can eat buffet?

Do you shame your partner/ does your partner shame you in how much you/ they eat at the restaurant?
Do your kids eat more than you and do they like doing food challenges with their friends?

It would seem that this is actually going to be some kind of family eating contest/piss take on fat families.

Channel 4, I have to ask - are you on glue?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now