This topic is for non-members looking for MN users' input; there is a £30 fee.

UCL study: Tell us why your daughter didn’t get the HPV vaccination

(4 Posts)
MEDIA: Dr Alice Forster Wed 13-Jan-16 17:28:08

Our team at University College London (UCL) are currently doing research to find out reasons why some girls get the HPV vaccination, whilst some other girls don’t. We are looking to interview parents to learn about how they made their decision to let their daughter have the vaccine or not.

We are keen to speak to any Mums (or Dads) who have a daughter between the ages of 13-16, who has not had the HPV vaccination.

Interviews usually take around 30 minutes and can be done in person or over the phone.

If you would like to find out more information about this study please visit our webpage at www.ucl.ac.uk/hbrc/empathic-study.

If you would like to take part please contact Dr Alice Forster at alice.forster@ucl.ac.uk or on 0203 108 3293. Alternatively, please complete the contact form which can be found by clicking here.

We look forward to hearing from you.

musicposy Thu 14-Jan-16 01:10:36

Are you assuming that parents only make this decision? DD is 16 and unvaccinated but this was her choice. The letter said it was her decision and she insisted she didn't want it done at that point. So I don't know how helpful I could be.

musicposy Thu 14-Jan-16 01:13:06

I've looked on the website and all it talks about is whether parents let their daughter have it or not. But we are not talking about 2 year olds here! I have concerns that this is biased from the outset.

Saggingninja Thu 14-Jan-16 16:08:23

There are quite a few morons concerned parents out there who believe that the HPV vaccine 'causes girls to be more promiscuous.'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now