Baby Observation for Music Therapy

(4 Posts)
Graceto Thu 13-Oct-16 15:09:42

Hi all local mums in Cambridge!

My name is Grace, and I am training as a music therapist in Anglia Ruskin University. As part of my course, I am required to observe a mother/carer and a baby (who is under 18 months) for an hour a week for 6 weeks at your home.

The idea is to observe how the baby interacts and communicates in a non-verbal way with his/her mother/carer. I am fully DBS checked and very happy to talk through the details of this observation task, as is the course leader at my university.

Please let me know if you're interested!

Best wish,
Grace

DonkeyOaty Thu 13-Oct-16 15:21:13

I wouldn't recommend finding someone online - you could be putting yourself in a very unsafe situation; remember that not everyone is who they seem on the internet.

Contact your local Health Visitor who could put you in touch with a suitable dyad.

Graceto Thu 13-Oct-16 15:35:43

I've been asking around my friends and their friends and got no reply that's why I want to try on here. But thank you for your suggestion, DonkeyOaty smile

JohnLapsleyParlabane Thu 13-Oct-16 15:39:31

I responded to a request like this from another university. Their method was to give the contact details for the course administrator and then interested parents would 'officially volunteer' . Perhaps that could work for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now