Ecv or c section?!

(9 Posts)
user1474926141 Tue 27-Sep-16 09:45:11

Need some advice.. I am 36 +4 and baby ( a much longed for ivf little girl) is breech. Have the option on Monday to turn (taking in hospital bag in case anything goes wrong😣) or elective c section.. what are pros and cons? Is it worth taking risk with ecv or opt for cesarean section now? Husband wants to try the turn.. thanks in advance ☺

Borogoves Tue 27-Sep-16 09:52:20

I would never consent to an ecv. I would do everything I could to try and get the baby to turn and then have a section if it didn't. Have you looked at the Spinning Babies website? There's loads of info on there.

user1474926141 Tue 27-Sep-16 09:53:36

Thanks will have a look. It seems unnatural to try to turn her manually!

MoreGilmoreGirls Tue 27-Sep-16 09:53:49

Have you looked at spinningbabies.com? There are exercises you can do. Mine turned at 37 weeks after doing the exercises but I had decided not to have an ECV while the risks are small the success rate is only 50% and I really did not like the sound of the procedure at all. Would rather have a c section personally. Good luck with your decision and hope baby turns flowers

NaturalRBF Tue 27-Sep-16 09:56:00

When this happened to me I let nature take its course. She was back to back and turned 45 mins before she was born! Good luck what ever you decide xxx

BishopBrennansArse Tue 27-Sep-16 09:59:12

Do your research.
Worth trying some alternative therapies? I know my acupuncturist does things to turn babies - might be worth a go?

sleepykidsplease Tue 27-Sep-16 10:01:00

I wanted an ecv as I didn't want a section when baby was still breech at 38+5. Ended up not being able to do as baby was an unstable lie and between me being scanned and getting sent to labour ward he had moved out of breech and into transverse again. I was prepped for an ecv with the view that it may end up with a section. They planned to do the ecv and break my waters so I was on labour ward, near the theatres. They wouldn't do it on the maternity unit where I could have had a midwife led birth. I was prepped for an epidural so as they would not have to do that in case an emergency c section was needed. In the end I had an elective section but that wasn't my first choice. Good luck!!

2014newme Tue 27-Sep-16 10:03:56

Section

user1474926141 Tue 27-Sep-16 10:15:54

Thanks all. Really interesting to hear your experiences. Just don't want to risk anything. As long as shes out safe. I am rubbish at making decisionsure about anything! Ecv sounds uncomfortable and to go through that and for it not to work..then have an emergency c section I will wish I just booked an elective in the first place...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now