fans

(3 Posts)
AurorasMummy Sun 10-Jul-16 00:10:57

my partner and I love sleeping with a fan on it sound helps us sleep better. however since my little girl was born I don't let us have it on as I'm scared she will get too cold.

am I being silly? she is always swaddled and always in jammed with long sleeves like a baby grow type one

I love the fan but I also can't listen for her breathing she's three months only

I wanna know if anyone else has a fan on whilst baby sleeps in same room?
first time mummy and daddy
blush

SamIAm84 Thu 14-Jul-16 00:52:48

Hey
First off don't be so hard on yourself about whether you're doing the right thing or not - you know your baby better than anyone else so only you can judge if using a fan will be suitable.
My OH is like you and loves sleeping with the fan on and because it's warm in our room I don't mind it sometimes. Our DD co-sleeps with us and she's a hot baby so the fan really helps her keep cool. She's not been bothered by it at all in the loads of times it's been used. Trust your instincts and you'll know if not the right thing for your baby.
Hope that helps!

LifeIsGoodish Thu 14-Jul-16 01:06:48

The white noise of the fan will also help your baby sleep. If you're worried about her getting chilly, just set the direction so that it's not blowing on her. But TBH I doubt a fan wafting across in summer will chill her. Relax. Enjoy.

I loved being able to reach out and touch my dc in my sleep. Dh and I often found, if we woke in the night, that one or both of us was sleeping with one hand resting on the dc. Unless you're stoned or drunk you instinctively check on the baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now