8 yr old with attitude.....help

(4 Posts)
Mum2two07 Wed 22-Jun-16 14:35:31

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this group, but looking for some advice with my 8 1/2 yr old. Shes full of head wobbling, backchat, glares and selective deafness, if its like this now god help me when she hits the teens. Ive tried the usual removing toys/items, explaining about her behaviour, shouting crying but nothing seems to make any difference, im exhausted and feel like its always a negative atmosphere but really dont know what else to try....any ideas....please....

birchybaby2 Wed 22-Jun-16 14:40:24

I have a 7 1/2 year old like that!!!! Sorry no help but your not alone. Xx

Janiboo11 Sun 26-Jun-16 11:20:08

I find that trying to have a more "adult" conversation with my 8 year old and explaining that her behaviour is not acceptable seems to work for me. I've tried arguing grounding and blackmailing but it doesn't seem to work!!!! I've also compared her to girls in her class and asked if she thinks they would behave like that. Gives her something to think about.

user1469565563 Fri 29-Jul-16 10:12:28

My first advice is to stop them watching kids tv such as pop and cbbc. Be very selective and only let them watch slow paced programmes like blue peter. It really makes a difference. Mine are 7 and 8 and the "mean girls" in these shows is a bad example. And def no eastenders etc!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now