Help with anxious 9 year old

(6 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

MRSHLC1979 Sun 15-May-16 23:32:39

Two years ago we had horrendous anxiety issues with our 9 year old daughter. Can't pin anything down to triggering it off but she wouldn't leave the house and developed ketosis as she wouldn't eat. She had a soft referral to CHAMS but it was 5 month wait and by then her issues has gone. They now seem to be coming back; she's making herself sick for swimming (nothing's changed with her class) and very nervous and it's a challange getting her out. I am losing my temper so need help and advice. I'm at the end of my tether. She's not being bullied either.

MRSHLC1979 Sun 15-May-16 23:35:54

*cahms

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 17-May-16 14:34:18

Hi MRSHLC1979 - this sounds really tough. Would you like us to move your thread over to our Behaviour/Development topic where you should get some advice and support?

OnceMoreIntoTheBleach Tue 17-May-16 14:40:19

How does your DD find things at school? Does she have friends, nice teacher etc?

reader77 Tue 17-May-16 14:41:43

Could you get her to start writing a journal, or making pictures to help her pinpoint what's worrying her?

SealSong Tue 17-May-16 14:42:40

Hi OP, I'm a CAMHS practitioner and I'd suggest that you go back to your GP and ask for a re-referral to CAMHS. She clearly needs help. You mention she is making herself sick - is she sick due to anxiety, or is she actually inducing vomiting (e.g. sticking fingers down her throat etc). Is she eating OK? Please do discuss all this with your GP and ask for referral.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now