Am I the only one?

(6 Posts)
chickenowner Sun 27-Mar-16 11:15:06

Hello mumsnetters!

I have just joined mumsnet today and wondered if there are any others out there who don't have children? I live very happily with my DP and various animals, but have never wanted children.

(I may be crazy to have joined mumsnet, but I find it a brilliant place for advice, chat etc that is non-child based!)

Sparklingbrook Mon 28-Mar-16 18:53:19

Hi chicken I have two pesky teenagers but just wanted to say welcome. What assorted animals do you have?

Sparklingbrook Mon 28-Mar-16 18:54:48

D'oh! I guess you have some chickens. tbublush

chickenowner Tue 29-Mar-16 16:10:11

Thank you Sparklingbrook!

We have a dog and 4 chickens. :-) Our dog is a rescue animal and has rather a lot of issues, and needs lots of patience. The chickens are hilarious and entertaining, and lay the most delicious eggs. :-)

Sparklingbrook Tue 29-Mar-16 17:30:26

My friend used to have chickens and the eggs always tasted way better than shop ones.

Rescue pets are the best.

Are you finding your around MN OK?

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Tue 29-Mar-16 17:42:43

There are a lot of us who don't have children - some members are trying for them/have step children/nieces/nephews etc and some who have never had and never intend to have them!

I am firmly in the latter category - I ended up on here when I was looking for advice on something and stayed!

Welcome to MN - hope you are enjoying it so far!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now