A decidedly boring first thread....

(10 Posts)
OhGoToSleepPLEASE Mon 14-Mar-16 19:39:41

Hello!
Been a member for a while but only started using MN a couple of weeks ago. May now be slighted addicted!

I'm trying and failing to get month dd to sleep on her own so what better time to start a first thread...

Needless to say, dd has inspired my username, although I do have another which in very fond of too.
Who/what inspired your name?

I'm very tired too, I can't think of a more glamorous threat atm

FetchezLaVache Mon 14-Mar-16 19:42:33

Welcome, OGTSP! flowers

Mine comes from the film Monty Python and the Holy Grail, in which it was uttered by the Taunting French Knight. I quite liked it and felt it appropriate, as I speak French and am a dairy farmer's daughter.

Mner Mon 14-Mar-16 19:44:34

I think my username is self explanatory smile. Welcome to MN

TheCrowFromBelow Mon 14-Mar-16 19:46:36

Mine is from Shooting Stars, I wanted to be the Dove from Above but it was taken so I am it's lesser known cousin.
I have another but discovered it is very similar to someone else's so I changed.

RatOnnaStick Mon 14-Mar-16 19:48:33

Mine is Terry Pratchett inspired. Fast food for gnomes from CMOT Dibbler, with ketchup of course.

PinkBuffalo Mon 14-Mar-16 19:50:48

Hello!
I only joined this evening smile
I have been watching and laughing for a little while though. A good stress relief after work and no pressure to join in.
Some people's names make me smile.
Mine came from liking pink, lol, but also I loved the herds of Buffalos when I visited the USA. Was going to have pink giraffe, but it was already taken.
Nice to meet you smile

PinkBuffalo Mon 14-Mar-16 19:51:54

I must be very slow at typing. There were only one or two responses when I started, lol

OhGoToSleepPLEASE Mon 14-Mar-16 19:54:54

Ah they're all great names. I'm not that imaginative but do get username envy, there are some fab names out there!

Also noticed my several errors.. Dd is 7 months...

candykane25 Tue 15-Mar-16 12:37:33

Ah interesting question! I don't think I've been asked that before.
Mine is Christmas related, I'm usually on the Christmas board from June onward! I love all things Christmas all year round.
You get quite attached to your name, it's quite strange.

SmallBee Wed 16-Mar-16 21:35:21

Welcome op!
There was a character in a book I loved called Little Bee but that user name was taken.

What have you tried to convince your DD to sleep on her own? I used the sleep board A LOT when DD was under one. It was really helpful as there were a lot of different tips so eventually I found one that suited us!either that or DD just got fed up and gave in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now