Help ban BPA in bottles and food containers

(2 Posts)
Letmelive123 Sat 17-Sep-16 10:38:59

Hismile so I recently watched a documentary on BPA and how harmful it is.

BPA stands for bisphenol A. BPA is an industrial chemical that has been used to make certain plastics and resins since the 1960s. BPA is found in polycarbonate plastics and epoxy resins. Polycarbonate plastics are often used in containers that store food and beverages, such as water bottles. They are also used in other consumer goods.

Research has shown that BPA can seep into food or beverages from containers that are made with BPA. Exposure to BPA is a concern because of health effects of BPA on the brain, behavior and prostate gland of fetuses, infants and children. Additional research suggests a possible link between BPA and increased blood pressure , cancer, infertility and birth defects.

I decided to try and do something about this and have started a petition which I'm hoping with your help /signatures the agenda will be discussed at Parliament.

Here is the link to the petition : https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/167098

Thanks in advance

Letmelive123 Sat 17-Sep-16 10:42:28

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/167098

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now