Birth control.

(8 Posts)
Ashley101095 Sun 24-Jan-16 18:08:28

I am taking birth control and skipped last months placebo pills. I then missed a few of my pills throughout the month and had unprotected sex. I am not sure when I am to expect my next period or when to take a pregnancy test. I believe I might be pregnant. My boobs are sore, I've been tired all the time and I feel like I can smell everything that others can't.

louise987 Sun 24-Jan-16 18:12:36

Have you taken a pregnancy test?

scaevola Sun 24-Jan-16 18:13:22

If you've missed several pills (especially if on successive days) then there is a good chance that you we're not protected against pregnancy..

Best bet for finding out is to POAS about 14 days after the unprotected intercourse, and retest at intervals if you do not have a period.

If you are finding that remembering to take a pil, does not work for you, if you are not PG it might be worth investigating a long-term contraceptive that you do not have to remember daily.

Ashley101095 Sun 24-Jan-16 18:37:05

Not I have not taken a pregnant test yet just because I was not sure when to expect my period. We have had unprotected sex all month so I don't know what those 14 days would start from.

scaevola Sun 24-Jan-16 18:39:42

From the first incident of unprotected sex, until 14 days after the final one as you won't know what is going on with your cycle.

Even if you want to TTC, it might be worth stepping back (condoms?) and letting your natural cycle return so you have some idea of what is going on.

Ashley101095 Sun 24-Jan-16 18:43:01

We actually don't really mind getting pregnant. So that's not a huge deal at all. We are moreso just concerned with when we would be able to find out just because of how messed up the pills were. I did plan on stopping them anyways.

unimaginativename13 Sun 24-Jan-16 19:10:07

Buy a test, use it. If it's negative, wait a week. If you still haven't had your period, test again.

Ashley101095 Sun 24-Jan-16 19:22:03

Sounds good. I'll do this thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now