Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Lollipop Pop n Gro fit question

(8 Posts)
afterglow Fri 24-Jul-09 19:16:39

Quick question - have two of these, arrived today and am hoping to use them as night nappies. dd is nearly 18months, 22.5lbs. When the nappy is fully boosted there is considerable daylight between her bum cheeks and the leg elastic. Tightening the velcro gives red marks. All I can think of trying is poppering down one setting, is there anything else I could do? I'd love to get this nappy fitting right. Thanks.

Ladygooga Fri 24-Jul-09 19:21:28

Yes I'd try poppering it down one and see how it fits, with these types of nappies here is a lot of trial and rerror in getting the fit right.

Good luck

Yorky Thu 30-Jul-09 18:31:05

How did you get on afterglow? These are the only BTPs which DD doesn't have to wear unpoppered

afterglow Fri 31-Jul-09 18:13:36

Thanks Ladygooga, Yorky. How heavy is your dd, Yorky? Mine is just over 22lbs so I'm wondering if I'm poppering it down enough.

We're still getting daylight at the bumcheeks. I ended up sending the unused one back to exchange it for a bumgenius, and the other is up for sale on cnt. The loose boosters aren't working for us either. I think I must have got used to pockets.Such a shame, as this is a fab-looking nappy and seems to be working for most people who've tried them.

Yorky Fri 31-Jul-09 18:24:03

shock afterglow, my DD is clearly a bruiser she is only 8months and 1lb smaller than yours! so wearing the PnG on medium setting is good, seriously doubt the ability of other BTPs to last her to pottyhood, shame they aren't doing it for you, I'm still a 2part girl at heart though

I would popper them down to the middle setting. I find it a really good fit but my ds is now 26lbs - I haven't come across anyone else with this problem esp around the bum - feel free to email meon info@nappywardrobe.co.uk and will be happy to help sort it out.

millnbill Wed 12-Aug-09 18:52:56

I bought 2 pop'n'gros to try but have had the same problem with gapping at the back of the leg. DS is only 11 weeks 13.4lb but chunky thighs. Am using them fully poppered without inserts but there is a big gap at the back of the leg hole and I can't tighten the velcro further. I use them as a last resort when I'm pretty sure it's going to be weewee only but very disappointed. They look so promising. Wondering whether to sell or wait until DS is older for a reliable fit. Sticking with BGv3 in the meantime.

Could you please email Lollipop if you are having a problem - orders@teamlollipop.co.uk - let them know what is wrong/who you bought them from etc and they will be happy to help or email me - addy below smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now