This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Sainsbury's/Tesc o's nappies - any good?

(23 Posts)
juggling2boys Wed 23-Jan-13 21:29:54

For anyone still reading this thread, we always bought tesco ultra dry, they were the best by far, but in Jan 2013 tesco changed them. The new ones are flimsy, poorly filled and every one we have used is leaky to the point that I am going to have to return them. One actually came apart on my hands as I was telling it off my little boy. I weighed them against the old ones to make sure I was not imagining it, they are a few grams lighter, and there are less in the pack now as well for the same price. Really disappointed sad

cheerfulvicky Sat 04-Jul-09 22:18:13

Okay:

Pampers IMHO are crap. They have leaked almost every time we used them on DS, totally impossible, and never again.

Asda smelt chemically and horrid, it was a really strong whiff. Grim.

Lidl Toujours are pretty good and also very good value for money. No probs at night either!

Tesco are the best by far, have used them since DS was born apart from the odd exceptions above. Their newborn nappies are amazing, and then after that I prefer the Ultra Dry range to the stretchy ones. They are just brilliant.

DidEinsteinsMum Thu 02-Jul-09 17:06:46

We use Aldi own brand which are cheaper then a lot of the other own brands are a good on the volume held stakes too.

<suspects comment to late to be of use>

MiaMamma Thu 02-Jul-09 16:54:43

Sorry been away for awhile, thanks for all the replies!!

Babbity Thu 25-Jun-09 20:07:55

We use the tesco essential ones - only get the pampers when they're on special offer

beautifulgirls Thu 25-Jun-09 20:05:14

Loved the tesco nappies with both of my two - both the normal nappies and the pull ups when they got a bit bigger. Still use their pull ups for night time.

choufleur Wed 24-Jun-09 19:02:29

Aldi's own are really good (wish i'd found them when DS was little and saved some money). they don't do new born though. tescos i think were ok

Sainsbo fine. They have 1/3 off all bay stuff at mo so you can afford to give them a try.

BellaBear Wed 24-Jun-09 18:56:19

It really does depend on your baby, what shape he or she is and how active they are and, perhaps, what position they sleep in, etc etc. We have never had a leak with Sainsbury's Eco nappies but it is also completely understandable that they do not suit another baby!

staryeyed Wed 24-Jun-09 18:46:32

If you have a lidl or Aldi near try the nappies there. I have found them very good and would not swith back tp more expensive nappies.

CurryMaid Wed 24-Jun-09 18:46:24

I find Sainsbury's ones really good.

Huggies and Pampers seem to be a nightmare but never a problem with the sainsburys ones, they come up nice and big too.

swampster Wed 24-Jun-09 18:44:47

Multiple poo escapes with Sainsbury's eco ones when we had a holiday from washables.

BellaBear Wed 24-Jun-09 12:08:05

We really get on with Sainsbury's Eco nappies

Fitzy72 Wed 24-Jun-09 12:06:44

Tesco active fit good in larger sizes - the only ones which kept my boy dry through the night

MiaMamma Wed 24-Jun-09 12:01:33

Thanks for your replies! Forgot about boots ones, will keep an eye on their offers too!

bubblagirl Tue 23-Jun-09 12:44:02

found sainsbury's dry not little walkers better they held more and were just genuinely better for money

lynniep Tue 23-Jun-09 12:43:37

Tescos I found were fine for smaller sizes, but DS now size 5+ or 6, and I prefer pampers ( I buy them when they are a 1/3 off in Sainsburys - you should see the stack of them in the spare room LOL!!)

sainsburys nappies - agree with bigchris - found them a bit plasticky. didnt hold so much wee...(and DS can wee for england)

bubblagirl Tue 23-Jun-09 12:42:48

i use both and found both good preferring tesco's but as ds got older sainsbury's were much better and sainsbury's you get more for money and normally have offers on too

notevenamousie Tue 23-Jun-09 12:41:31

Asda do eco (chlorine free biodegradeable) ones - and I think may be the only ones that do, if you are using disposables.

goldrock Tue 23-Jun-09 12:41:09

I used Tesco nappies for all my DCs with no probs at all except for the value ones that I tried once and didn't seem to be as big as the normal ones. With DC1 I used Boots as they always had good offers on and I worked next door to a branch, I'd guess they are still good.

bigchris Tue 23-Jun-09 12:39:31

Definitely prefer tesco sainsburys are abit plasticky IMO

meep Tue 23-Jun-09 12:35:53

I used and liked the Boots own nappies - used them from size 3. Have gone back to Pampers from size 5!

MiaMamma Tue 23-Jun-09 12:31:50

With DD I used only pampers ones and really liked them, never had leaks, this time around thinking of saving bit of money. Has anyone got good (or bad) experiences with Tesco's or Sainsbury's own brand nappies?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now