This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What do you think is the BEST nappy rash cream/other cure? Please, am baffled.

(34 Posts)

Dd 7 mo has been sore for literally months.

I am airing her at every possible opportunity.

I don't use wipes.

I use Bepanthen- seems to ease it a bit. Organic people baby salve, the same.

Melatin(sp?), she reacted to badly.

It's not fungal.

It's at its worse around her leg openings iyswim.

Just constant redness, sometimes bad othertimes slight.

I really want to clear it up for her.

She has been teething the whole time.

mamazee Sun 28-Sep-08 21:35:24

oh and moltex nappies as they have no bleach in

Thanks for all the advice so far, a few things to try.

Thanks for the nappy tips but I use washables.

Some children do react to some washables, or to the washing powder. Have you tried disposables for a week just to see if it helps?

dcb Mon 29-Sep-08 13:45:18

go to see your GP - i agree, may need antifungal with steroid in x

Bodkin Mon 29-Sep-08 20:27:14

Had the same thing with my DD2 - my GP prescribed Timodine as well and it was brilliant - worked virtually overnight.

I do also find metanium brilliant when the nappy rash goes totally toxic - i.e. no skin left (owwwchhhhh!) as it is the only thing that will stay on. You have to use a really thin layer though, and just pat it on very gently - don't slather it on like sudocrem or bepanthen as it's really strong stuff.

Larababy Thu 22-Nov-12 14:52:13

My little boy used to suffer or very bad nappy rash. I tried every single cream but nothing made it dissapeared (sudocream made it slightly better). Desperately I found an organic cream with olive oil from spain. First time used applied it overnight and in the morning was absolutely gone! Very happy with this product. You can find it at www.thespanisholiveshop.com the link is www.thespanisholiveshop.co.uk/cosmetics/organic-nappy-rash-cream/
Good luck mums!

NAR4 Tue 04-Dec-12 11:35:28

Try pure potions www.purepotions.biz This is fantastic. Quite pricey but lasts for ages.

Have you tried Calomine lotion (can't spell)?

I presume you've tried different nappies? I found Asda's Little Angel's the best (mine is cloth full time now though).
We only use flannels with water for wiping, and he has at least 30 minutes in both the morning and evening of nappy free time.

stephy3 Wed 19-Dec-12 14:39:55

Mine always had a rash when teething so that might be part of the problem. I found that the only cream that helped was "Earth Friendly Baby" Organic Red Clover Nappy Care Cream (that's the full name). It can feel a bit liquidish but really protected my 3 babies' skin. You can get it from the Really Eco Baby website for a fiver: www.reallyecobaby.co.uk/ourshop/prod_1974902-Organic-Nappy-Care-Cream.html
Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now