Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Pampers size 7

(19 Posts)
KarenR1 Sat 16-Aug-08 15:43:29

Recently been to America and seen these on the shelves. Just wondering if anyone has seen them here/knows if they will be released as DD is struggling with size 6.

RiojaLover75 Sat 16-Aug-08 15:51:44

How old is your DD? Surely the US market only supports such a product because there are SO MANY obese toddlers sad shock

RiojaLover75 Sat 16-Aug-08 15:53:09

Sorry what I meant to say was if DD is nearing potty training age then go for it. Ditch the nappies.

KarenR1 Sat 16-Aug-08 15:55:38

She is 3.5, thinking mainly for nighttime. She has suffered bad diarrhoea recently so this is why I'm thinking of bigger sizes.

KarenR1 Sat 16-Aug-08 15:56:18

I think you're right just working up the courage!

bergentulip Sat 16-Aug-08 16:10:33

We use those Huggies nighttime wotsits for 4-7yr olds for our 3yr old who still has nappies for night. They are the only ones that do the job and keep all the 'wet' in all night. They'd be plenty big enough I would think.
They just pull up and down.

However, they're quite expensive (DH worked out it's about 50p a night!!shock) and you don't get many in a pack. It is certainly working on giving an incentive to get our child OUT OF NAPPIES at night.
- although he seems so far from ready. His nappies are seriously heavy in the mornings.

KarenR1 Sat 16-Aug-08 16:13:51

I know what you mean about far from ready it's becoming a (literally) bigger hassle. Are they good for messy (sorry) episodes??

bergentulip Sat 16-Aug-08 16:42:37

Have not had the pleasure of testing that one out(!). Sorry. Can't help with that. Don't see why not though... they seem pretty absorbant.

KarenR1 Sun 17-Aug-08 11:03:44

A friend gave me those easy up pants to try but we had a horrific mess this morning trying to change her, really must pursue this potty training!(hmm)

bergentulip Mon 18-Aug-08 14:55:47

Just to ask a daft question--- you did realise you can just rip the sides to take the nappy off, didn't you?

That really would have been messy otherwise!!

(only suggesting it because my stepmother once changed my DS with pullups and pulled it down his legs, full of ... well, the obvious, and only later realised how much easier it could have been. I had to laugh.)

If nighttime dryness starts working for you, please let me know how to do it!!! I want to sort it too!

KarenR1 Mon 18-Aug-08 17:44:41

I will but this diarrhoea has set us right back. I think she appreciates the comfort of nappies after being ill. She usually has a regular poo (on toilet) before breakfast but decided to fill her nappy instead. It's a long road methinks!

etchasketch Mon 18-Aug-08 17:48:10

bergentulip- am currently using pampers size 6 at night only for dd1. Would you say the huggies night time ones are as good?

bergentulip Mon 18-Aug-08 21:15:37

Can't specifically compare to the Pampers size 6, although I have never really got on with Pampers in general...... I'd rather get all the cheaper supermarket brands as they always seem more absorbant.

That said, I have yet to find any nappies that hold everything in quite as well as these Huggies 4-7yr old nighttime ones. Perhaps because they are just bigger, or perhaps because they are made for 'children', rather than toddlers/babies. No idea.

But, I've bought all sorts, in different lands(!), shops, brands, never stick to the same thing really, and these have been the best so far. And we do stick with them. All others I've used leak before the morning.

etchasketch Tue 19-Aug-08 12:54:39

Ok thanks. I'll probably give them a try!

KarenR1 Tue 19-Aug-08 13:26:55

Marmaduke are you struggling with the fit of size 6s too?

Tesco size 6 are massive - the only thing that fits dd who is 4 and wees loads at night. and nice and cheap too!

reiver Tue 19-Aug-08 16:28:40

Which Tesco ones do you use HBB? Do you think they're bigger than Pampers size 6?

I just use the ordinary tesco ultra dry or something, green packet not the active fit version. They seem longer in the body so you can get a really good fit- my dd is quite a big 4 year old and they've proved to be the best fit.

reiver Tue 19-Aug-08 20:34:41

Thanks, will give them a try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now