This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Pampers Baby Dry nappies - new green strip inside - anyone noticed a diff with DC's bum?

(9 Posts)
lovemynathy Mon 31-Dec-12 00:00:55

Same here, it is our second rush in 18 months and they lick during night, I changed my DS twice last night and just now. We are size 5. Are you taking them back? I will tomorrow.

Alamaya Sat 22-Dec-12 09:28:03

Yes omg yes.
Pampers New Baby Size 1.
My baby got bleeding sores. They were raw.
Appeared only after i had used my old size 1 stash and had to buy the new ones with the strip!

I am trialing cloth nappies now. It was truely the worst rash/burn i had ever seen

GwennanY Sun 16-Dec-12 23:22:55

Same here - really nasty rash with bleeding sores with the new style Pampers Baby Dry with 'sleep layer' size 4+. Have used these nappies for 1 1/2 years on my toddler, and now suddenly, within a few hours of wearing them she was suffering. No more Pampers!!

NikonNelly Fri 04-Feb-11 14:15:01

I use disposables overnight for my two and Pampers have definitely changed for the worse. I decided to go 'off brand' and tried some of the supermarket own brand ones after seeing an article in a baby mag. Out of the ones I tried I am most impressed with Tesco and Aldi (which I only tried because the magazine said they were excellent). I'm never buying Pampers again, the own brand one seem fine on both toddler and baby and are much cheaper.

So if you are tempted to try new ones I would recommend it. TBH I'm now annoyed at all the cash I have spent on Pampers for months and months when I could have just been buying Tesco.

nicolajoanne Thu 03-Feb-11 18:48:54

Yes- I've noticed the same, and just logged on here to see if anyone else has had the same problem! DD is prone to nappy rash anyway but it has got considerably worse since using the new pampers, thinking about switching brands...

BethAndHerBrood Mon 30-Jul-07 21:37:14

I am very interested in this. DS2 uses these, always has done, in 4+ now, and has got the most horrendous nappy rash just now. And for the first time ever, they have leaked at night, and the waist band seam has "exploded" covering him in wee-sodden granules, and the cot, and leaving a trail round the house until I realised!! Is it the nappy, or just a coincidence, I wonder?

Dropdeadfred Fri 27-Jul-07 15:56:48

So far so good here..DD3 has never had nappy rash and after a week of these still hasn't.

SoupDragon Fri 27-Jul-07 15:55:54

BabyDragon's on her first ever pack of Pampers at the moment (I vary between cloth and disposable depending on her nappy rash).She's not had any rash from these yet (2 days)

smiling Fri 27-Jul-07 15:45:20

We've used Pampers since DS was born. He uses 4+ baby dry's now, but the packet we bought recently advertised it's new extra 'sleep layer' (or something like that). It's like a green layer in the centre of the nappy. Anyway, poor DS has had terrible red sore bum for a few days now - just wondering if it's the new layer affecting him so we've gone back to old style pampers that I found at bottom of cupboard. Anyone else noticed a change in thier DC?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now