Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Where can I buy cheap trial nappies please?

(18 Posts)

I have read through swathes of nappy threads and am more confused than ever!

I would like to buy some trial terries/ prefolds/ shaped/ all in ones and give them all a go before I take the plunge.

Not due til May but thought I could start my collection now.

Would ideally like free or cheap trials (else it will be expensive!) so don't mind buying second hand. Just don't want to buy whole sets of stuff from people. Just the one nappy!

Have requested advice from the nappylady website I've seen mentioned.

What I need from you lovely people is some good ideas of where to buy my trials. Am based in North London, if that's relevant.

If anyone on here has ones they'd sell me, I'd be happy to buy and pay for postage.

Thank you very much.

Oh and wraps too of course.

Nemo2007 Tue 06-Feb-07 22:17:21

I will probably have a couple of little nappies could send you in may[cant do it before as DD2 is only 5wks so she is using them at the min]

maveta Wed 07-Feb-07 13:53:31

I've heard that Lollipop advisors are supposed to be great aswell if you have any in your area. You can meet them and actually see and touch loads of different nappies which I am sure would help loads in the decision making.

Ebay has tons of second hand stuff up for grabs.

Can't help any more than that I'm afraid, have you checked if your local council has a trial scheme to help you out?

Thank you Nemo, that's very kind.

I checked the council website maveta, but they don't offer trials. I'll try Lollipop and ebay.

SAHMof1 Wed 07-Feb-07 21:50:55

Also try the nappy finder

makesachange Wed 07-Feb-07 23:05:37

We can do nappy trials if you want - small charge to cover professional laundering etc but much cheaper than buying, plus if you buy them from us afterwards the trial cost goes towards the buy cost. Email me if you like, emma@makesachange.co.uk to take it off forum.

Emma

xemo Sat 17-Feb-07 09:53:56

you can allways try the wahms on theclothresource if you want - some great bargains on their

also try the nappylady web site for new and secondhand nappies.

and of cause try ebay!

alibongo77 Wed 21-Feb-07 20:57:48

I hired a trial pack as I didn't want to buy loads of different styles of nappies. Got loads of nappies sent to me and then posted them back at the end of the trial. Hope this helps! Went through www.cottonbaby.co.uk as seemed very cheap.

MamaG Wed 21-Feb-07 20:58:20

alibongo77 are you alliebongo?

You can get a little lamb nappy just for postage from their website.

xemo Wed 21-Feb-07 22:02:07

try ann1361 on ebay

claireybee Thu 22-Feb-07 17:19:54

Babykind let you buy new nappies, try them for 30 days and if you dont like them return them for 70% money back. There is also a trial pack on one site called the dazed and confused, cant remember which retailer it is sorry but if you google it you should find it. Otherwise hire nappies rather than buying them or buy seconds on ebay or from nappy lady classifieds and then sell on the ones you dont like

prescottng Mon 08-Apr-13 17:06:07

I was searching on internet for several days and found quite a few cool websites but at the end of the day I still think the best choice is there: eBay

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Mon 08-Apr-13 17:24:19

I have just set up a nappy library in north London - you can hire out nappies for £1 a nappy - lots of different ones, pm me or have a look on
Http://www.facebook.com/NorthLondonClothNappyLibrary for more info.

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Mon 08-Apr-13 17:27:07

Also next week it is real nappy week - Islington council are running a real nappy, maternity wear and baby clothes swap on Tuesday 16th, I will be there with the nappy library - it's 10.30am at Islington ecology centre.

Nappy Ever Afrer near kings cross also are doing various demos / events next week, have a look on their website too.

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Mon 08-Apr-13 17:27:36

Sorry that should be Nappy Ever After!

Msbluesky32 Mon 08-Apr-13 18:44:05

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now