This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What have Pampers done?

(28 Posts)
babynugget Mon 22-Aug-16 07:50:30

Is anyone else having problems with the new Pampers? I have used Pampers religiously since DD was born - she is now 21 months. In all that time I can probably count on one hand the number of overnight leaks she has had, always minor and never enough to wet her bedding. Half way through my first pack of the new Pampers with 'magical' pods and I am so frustrated. I've had several episodes of overnight leaking - including one which required a full change of bedding at 3 am because she woke and was obviously very wet and very uncomfortable - she usually sleeps right through. This morning she's got up at usual time and she's soaking and so is her bed. She's a tummy sleeper but these nappies have leaked out the front and the back. Any advice? Should I try a bigger size? Or just look for somewhere that still sells old stock?

I've just found this topic at 5am after our 2nd nappy/sleepsuit/sheets change of the night... I was starting to worry that DD needed a bigger size (she's already in size 4 at 5 months and we're running out of sizes!) but I'm now wondering if it is the new magic pods of doom as the new pack seems to have coincided with wet nights! (which is bloody annoying as I've just bought 2 massive packs from the baby event at asda)
Did you try a bigger size or a new nappy? Any success?

3luckystars Sun 11-Sep-16 05:27:52

They are really useless and smell bad when wet too. I think there is no soakage at all in them, they are like a tissue!

I use boots nappies now.

3luckystars Sun 11-Sep-16 05:30:24

At her age she should be on the biggest size, I would have a baby of 6months onwards on the biggest size.

I always thought pampers were bad so I realise now that you,are only talking about the 'new' pampers. Sorry for my unhelpful post.

3luckystars Sun 11-Sep-16 05:33:12

Princess pinapple, you can use them during the day time to use them up, have a different type for nighttime in size 6.

Mouthfulofquiz Sun 11-Sep-16 05:43:23

Princess - I would try a bigger size. My 4 month old is in size 4 at the moment but when this pack is done, I'm moving up to size 5.

ayeokthen Sun 11-Sep-16 05:46:29

Have you tried the + ones? I always thought they were bigger, it turns out they're more absorbent. A regular size 6 wouldn't see my boy through the night, but a 6+ does him until he gets up.

BendydickCuminsnatch Sun 11-Sep-16 06:46:18

Oh wow! I didn't know all these tiny babies would be in size 4s, DS is a big 15 months and in size 4s 🙈 I am clueless though, we use cloth nappies in the day and have recently switched to disposables at night. I'm going to go up to size 6 (is that the biggest?) because his nappy (Pampers) in the morning is enormous! No leaks though.

NerrSnerr Sun 11-Sep-16 07:03:06

My two year old has just gone up to size 5 pampers! No leaks on the way. Size 4 would have gone up to her armpits before she was one!!

somekindofmother Sun 11-Sep-16 07:09:56

I've always thought pampers were overpriced rubbish but currently abroad and the new pampers were all I could get and the leak loads! it's driving me mad!

Thanks everyone, the weight range for each size is so confusing. My friend's DS is 10 months old and still in size 3s, but DD is a unit! She has been at the bottom weight every time we have to change up, and I've just seen the 4+ starts at 9kg and she's 8.7kg so we're pretty much there smile
Never had problems with pampers before, no leaks apart from the odd poo explosion that I doubt anything could contain! Hopefully it is the size and not the new design, and we don't have to try all the brands again to find one we get on with.
I'm hoping asda will let me swap one of the big packs for 4+, that will teach me to be organised! grin

hilbil21 Sun 11-Sep-16 08:03:00

I used pampers for 16 months then their new "magic" pod nappies came out. My son leaked every night for 5 nights. I complained to pampers they sent me vouchers to make up for it .... Why I would want vouchers for nappies that leak I don't know! I'm now using Asdas own which do not leak at all and are about half the price!! Pampers have done me a favour disappointing as it is

Mouthfulofquiz Sun 11-Sep-16 09:54:00

I think the + means that it's more absorbent rather than bigger? I might be wrong though!

Mouthfulofquiz Sun 11-Sep-16 09:54:51

I see someone has already pointed that out! D'oh!

SnugglySnerd Sun 11-Sep-16 09:58:38

We've used Asda ones since DD was tiny, never had leaks overnight they are much cheaper too.

Chinks123 Sun 11-Sep-16 10:03:01

Aldi's nappies are brilliant! I've always used pampers but now DD is older and only using nappies for bed I thought I'd try Aldis mamia ones and we've never had a leak and they're so much cheaper. She's on size 5/6 at 2.5 years and pull up size 6 in the day.

Danglyweed Sun 11-Sep-16 10:03:04

Agree with snuggly asda ones are much better. Our dt's were always leaking with pampers, no problems at all with asdas

babynugget Sun 11-Sep-16 10:10:09

Thanks for all the replies. I've tried to persevere with the Pampers - I too had bought two huge packs from Asda. We're almost finished them but I've lost counts of the amounts of leaks. Going to try Aldi and Asda's own and go up a size to see if we get a better result. The Pampers plus sizes cover a slightly bigger weight range than the normal ones, the 4+ kind of overlaps the size 4 and size 5. I'm not sure they are more absorbent, this new style certainly are not!

paddypants13 Sun 11-Sep-16 10:11:39

Pah! My mum bought us some Pampers in the recent baby event too. I don't normally use them because of the price. Ds has his first Pampers nappy on today. I hope we're not in for a month of nappy leaks we've got 86 or so to use.

I usually use Aldi Mamia or Asda Little Angels and rarely have a leak.

Ds is 14 months and in size 4 nappies. He is on the 50th centile for height and weight. I think he's a bit of a skinny ribs though.

Soubriquet Sun 11-Sep-16 10:14:49

Don't go by the weight on the nappy packet

My ds has been in size 6 nappies for months because they fit him better.

If went by the weight reccomendation he would still be in a size 4.

We use sainsburys nappies. £3 a pack and never had a leak

babynugget Sun 11-Sep-16 10:16:08

Does anyone know if nappy sizes are standard? I.e. Does a size 5 nappy from Asda, Aldi and Pampers all follow the same weight ranges?

Chippednailvarnishing Sun 11-Sep-16 10:20:22

Maybe see if you can get the "old" style ones on line, buy in bulk and just keep them for nights?

LotisBlue Sun 11-Sep-16 10:33:12

Oh no, I just bought two massive packs of these! I hope they don't leak.

I only use pampers at night, we use aldi ones during the day but they don't last the night for us (ds is a big wee-er).

If you have a lidl near you give their nappies a try, they are great but unfortunately we don't have a lidl near enough to use them regularly

paddypants13 Sun 11-Sep-16 11:43:41

I don't think they are standard baby just to be bloody awkward.

I also find that different nappies fit different shaped better.

We also found that the shape of different nappies makes a difference, DD is 5 months old but over 91st centile... The pampers ones have always suited her chubby legs better than other brands. DP went to swap a pack for the next size yesterday so we'll see if that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now