This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Pocket nappies best combination?

(7 Posts)
xXjunebugXx Thu 05-May-16 19:05:16

I am getting so fed up with leaks. It's driving me mad. I have Dotty Bots (MIXR) that came with charcoal inserts. I am using a microfiber on top. They are leaking. Same with Little bloom, Alva and Tots Bots. I am also using bamboo inserts with microfiber on top to soak faster.
I think they seal around the leg is good but it is there my daughter leaks and sometimes put the front top.
HELP, I don't want to use sposies and my hubby will kill me if I spend more on cloth. He'd happy with me buying more inserts but not more nappies as we have tons!

Any advice appreciated smile

43percentburnt Thu 05-May-16 19:13:37

Is her vest too tight? I find its best to use extenders or a larger size.

I use a normal insert (whatever came with the nappy usually just a normal insert - not bamboo or charcoal) with a little lamb bamboo booster behind it, then a microfibre 'fluffy' little lamb on top (between nappy and baby).

43percentburnt Thu 05-May-16 19:17:34

Has this just started happening?

With ds he changed shape for a bit pre moving and some leaked for a while. At the moment we have one particular nappy which always leaks on one baby but is fine on the other! (Twins)

BendydickCuminsnatch Thu 05-May-16 19:40:13

If the inserts are saturated then it's not a fit issue so don't worry about that. I've found the best combo to be microfibre on top of hemp. Microfibre soaks up a big volume very fast, but is like a sponge so squeezes liquid out when compressed. So then the liquid soaks into the hemp which is great at holding a large amount, but can't soak up as quickly as microfibre.

How old is the baby? At peak milk intake? 6-10 months was crazy for us. Definitely track down some hemp! Can be hard to come across but so worth it. Other than that, zorb!

BendydickCuminsnatch Thu 05-May-16 19:43:03

*its a boosting issue, not a fit issue, so don't worry about that

xXjunebugXx Sat 07-May-16 08:06:06

That's just it, they aren't always saturated. I'm finding it so frustrating. I don't really put her in vests (shes a hot little one!) She's one. So on the move now. I was wondering if it could be that? she's 21lbs and I am finding getting the fit right just now.
Sorry for late reply, I was working yesterday x

BendydickCuminsnatch Sat 07-May-16 08:25:51

Ah we are at the same stage as you. DS will be 1 this month. I'm finding it hard to get a good fit at the moment too, no leaks though. I'm not much help with this one I'm afraid!! Have you tried clothnappytree.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now