This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

second hand nappies feel rough

(8 Posts)
thecrab Fri 22-Apr-16 22:41:22

I bought some mother-ease nappies from an NCT sale (pack of 8 for £8! Awesome) but when I got home and felt them they're just really rough and I'm not at all sure I should put them on my baby.

Have given them a wash but that hasn't helped... didn't really think it would tbh. Is there anything I can do to them?

Just feel bad if I put baby in and he is uncomfortable.

pepecat Fri 22-Apr-16 22:44:06

I tumble dry mine for 10mins to soften them up a bit as always feel stiff and rough after washing. Worth a try?

EllieinDevon Fri 22-Apr-16 22:50:36

Yes, try tumble drying them - I have lots of those nappies and it always makes them nice and soft.

thecrab Fri 22-Apr-16 22:52:24

!! Didn't even think of that, of course! Sadly I am sans drier so I'll have to use sisters. Will I need to use a drier every time or just this once to put life back into them?

pepecat Sat 23-Apr-16 09:25:21

I do it every time as they're nicer that way! They do soften on baby/toddler quite quickly though once they move about a bit.

CatWithKittens Sat 23-Apr-16 11:48:15

If you have not got a drier my advice would be to try putting them out on the line and leave them until after a really good wetting, or better two or three, from the rain. It certainly works wonders with terries and it might well do for yours too. Frost works well too but, I hope, it may be too late for that this year.

GrowAndRun Sat 23-Apr-16 11:58:28

Our nappies used to go very rough. Hard water and no tumble drier. Used to take them to my parents when we visited, soft water helped! Also try rubbing them together after they come out of wash (rubbing material against itself)

thecrab Sun 24-Apr-16 08:34:35

thanks guys for all the advice =)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now