This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which reusable nappy would you recommend?

(10 Posts)
Becomingmom Sat 02-Apr-16 22:45:59

I'm just transitioning into reusable nappies. I've started with tots bots easy fit v4 and find they leak reallt fast, compared to the bambino miosolo which are amazing. I'm thinking of trying close pop in or charlie banana next, so wondering what others have made of these or any other brands. Also what did you find best for babies and toddlers sleeping through?

BendydickCuminsnatch Sat 09-Apr-16 13:38:49

Sorry if this answer is too late but maybe I can help.

Personally we had be loved our Charlie Bananas since the very beginning. They are super adjustable - the rise is altered with elastic instead of poppers so you can get it exactly right. They have been great on our long skinny boy. They make up about half our stash.

I am also loving our one Milovia at the moment, and Wonderoo.

I have gone off our Little Lamb pockets.

Things change as the baby grows. They won't always grow up and out, sometimes they'll get longer and thinner, or stay the same length for a bit but get chubbier. So it's good to have a variety of nappies and go in with a flexible mindset!

Do you have a local nappy library? Ours was really helpful, they gave me lots of nappies to try and ended up giving me about the same amount again of nappies to keep for free. They can check fit and your boosting combination. I also visited The Nappy Lady, which is a good option if you're local to her.

Also www.goreal.org.uk lists nappy trials in local areas, so that's a good option. Individual brands do trial packs, but they can be like £100, or I think sites like www.fill-your-pants.co.uk do trial packs of a variety of brands?

Night nappies - we've always used TotsBots bamboozles, used to boost them with a prefold and then just a hemp insert (on the outside of the nappy to keep things more comfortable and keep the nappy fitting well round the legs). Now he is not having night feeds and sleeping 6pm-5am, we only need the bamboozle itself. Used to use little lamb or Totsbots wraps, but we have used wool shorties for the last few months. We also use a fleece liner to keep the skin dry, and a disposable liner on top of that in case he poos.

BendydickCuminsnatch Sat 09-Apr-16 14:12:48

Oh and sorry, re. leaks (your actual initial Reason for this thread, sorry, I get off track!!)... If your v4s are fitting well then it's probably an absorbency issue. E.g. Charlie bananas come with 2 sizes of microfibre insert, but we stuff ours with 1 microfibre and 1 hemp insert.

I have boosted a v4 with a bamboo insert before, but if you're already using the snap-in booster then adding anything else can make it v bulky which can compromise the fit, making it gappy around the legs for example.

I'd get some Charlie bananas!! (Biased wink)

MindfulBear Fri 15-Apr-16 07:05:52

We loved bum genius free times all in ones and Charlie banana pocket all in ones - for day time. Loved them both. Will use for #2.

At night we used/will use tots bots bamboozle stretch with a bamboo/fleece booster and a mother ease wrap cover over the top.

We buy all our nappies & accessories from thenappylady.co.uk, who gives great advice & support - incl when I had some leaking issue and in fact replaced a handful of my BG as a result.

Becomingmom Fri 15-Apr-16 13:40:41

Thanks both of you for all your advice, I'll defiantly be popping over to the nappy lady online to invest in a charlie banana or two and see how they are. At the moment I really like close I'd say far better than tots bots or bambino mio. I'll definately get some bamboozles too xx

PoppetPants Sun 24-Apr-16 09:45:00

I loved bumgenius birth to potty, easy to look after, almost bomb proof and reasonable to buy smile Had no issue with some eBay cheapies although some were better than others. The absolute best leak proof combo for me were tots bots bamboo nappies with waterproof covers smile

GeoffreysGoat Sun 24-Apr-16 09:51:14

I find wonderoo realeasy to be the most underrated nappy ever. That's across 3.5 years and 2 babies.

Tots bots are very Marmite - love or hate - tbh I expect an aio nappy to actually do all of the things. If I have to line and boost it, it's not an all in one!

My favourite has to be a fitted or Terry under a wool cover, though. Utterly faff free!

Nan0second Sat 30-Apr-16 07:34:38

Lover of real easy here too. Rarely find anyone who gets on with tota bots.

Plenty of Facebook pages selling Preloved nappies - particularly good for bamboozles and little lamb 2 parters.

anastasiakrupnik Sat 30-Apr-16 07:42:05

I liked our charlie banana - i never had to boost them, just used the two inserts they came with up to 2.5yrs, and had a good fit. Bumgenius can get small towards end if you've a larger child - fortunately your mio solo (also had these, also liked) are very long so will last forever!

Becomingmom Sat 07-May-16 18:56:46

Got my hands on a load of motherease love those too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now