This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best newborn nappies with wetness indicator?

(14 Posts)
dotladotla Tue 24-Nov-15 11:04:42

It's my first baby and I've been using Pampers since she was born five weeks ago but I'd like to explore cheaper brands.
As much as I'll probably get flack for this, I want one with a wetness indicator - when I've had no sleep I don't want to be fiddling about when DD is crying. She cries and wont feed with a wet bum even if it's a little so I can't wait until the nappy feels very full.

Can anyone recommend other brands? She's still in size 1. Do the Aldi ones have the wetness indicator?

dotladotla Tue 24-Nov-15 23:18:07

Bump

cranberryx Tue 24-Nov-15 23:27:04

I haven't actually used the aldi ones yet (they are in my hospital bag) but they do have a wetness indicator similar to the pampers ones (I have some of both brands)

They came highly recommended smile hopefully someone else will be along to back me up!

HardleyWorthit Tue 24-Nov-15 23:27:23

Yes the Aldi ones do have a wetness indicator. I think they are fab and prefer them to the pampers as they don't have that weird smell.

I find they do run little smaller than the pampers so dc2 was out of the size 1 Aldi quicker than she was the size 1 pampers but that's no biggy as I just moved up to size 2.

Incidentally the Aldi size 2 still has the wetness indicator where AFAIK the pampers don't which is another bonus.

dotladotla Wed 25-Nov-15 08:58:46

Great, I'll give the Aldi ones a go. Thanks for your helpsmile
Pampers new baby have the wetness indicator up to size 3 x

MrsMillions Wed 25-Nov-15 09:02:13

Asda Little Angels newborn have a wetness indicator (a development between DD1 and DD2). We're using size 2s and still have them, not sure about size 3.

dotladotla Wed 25-Nov-15 09:20:11

I'd heard bad things about Asda nappies - how do you find them? My sister never tried them until recently (her DD is now size 4) but they have leaked a few times during the night with her little one.

karliona Wed 02-Dec-15 12:55:54

We use only Japanese nappies Merries or Moony!
Great quality!

dotladotla Sat 05-Dec-15 08:57:43

Where do you buy Japanese nappies from? Bear in mind that I live in the highlands of Scotland so don't come under standard postage rates or timessad

randomsabreuse Sat 19-Dec-15 13:06:42

I liked the Aldi ones better than pampers. Up to size 2 they have a wetness indicator but my DD was fussy before any wetness indicator and wouldn't latch - marginally damp to the touch. Now gone down the cloth route due to skinny legs and waist - needed size 3 for poo capacity but very borderline on waist - tapes touch the opposite edge of the "sticky" area to be basically tight enough- and she is less fussy about a damp nappy. Pocket nappies solved my problem better than I expected. Its not even that much extra washing when you take into account dealing with clothes that got leaked onto1

ArcticCactus Tue 22-Dec-15 14:54:17

We found libero ones to be better than pampers. The pampers have that mesh stuff on and it kept getting stuck to his bum

dotladotla Wed 23-Dec-15 10:07:29

I've been trying Aldi ones the past few days and they seem to be pretty good. A bit smaller than pampers, which is good just now because pampers size 2 are still a little big.
Where do you buy Libero ones?

dotladotla Sun 10-Jan-16 11:37:30

Update: Aldi ones are great but I can sometimes smell wee off the baby.
Tesco own brand wetness indicator is rubbish-the hearts are meant to fade but they never did.

karliona Wed 13-Jan-16 00:18:27

dotladotla:
japanesenappies.co.uk/store.php?c=uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now