This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Fleece liners in fleece-lined nappies?!

(3 Posts)
HappyAsASandboy Wed 27-May-15 10:10:22

I've just been reading about causes of leaks, and read that using a fleece liner in a nappy that already has an inbuilt fleece top layer (eg tots bots fluffles) is a cause of leaks because two fleece layers makes a 'waterproof' layer, stopping wee reaching the absorbant bits.

Has anyone heard of this before?

I like using a fleece liner to protect the nappies from staining. Don't like paper ones as a) they bunch up and b) I then have paper to chuck as well as stuff for the wash bag.

I am getting leaks, and am trying various combinations of motherease one size, little lambs, kissaluvs, totsbots fluffles and tots bots something-that-looks-exactly-like-a-little-lamb; with motherease or little lamb wraps. I also have lots and lots of pockets, but rarely use as too many leaks to cope with!

I just wondered whether there's anything in this idea that two fleece layers together cause a problem?

DanyStormborn Thu 28-May-15 21:07:14

Never heard that but I don't bother with a fleece liner if the nappy already has a fleece layer.

lentilpot Sat 30-May-15 18:11:09

I rarely line my fleece lined nappies with anything and they don't have any stains. If try a few days with no double fleece and see if that stops the leaks. One of my fleece liners had a few stains but a few days out in the sun got it bright white again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now