This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Could anyone give me some nappy advice before I give up with these eBay cheapie. and decide what to get next?

(2 Posts)
missmakesstuff Mon 18-May-15 12:38:17

I've been really lucky to have been given a load of old (practically vintage) but unused Terry tots bots, which we're using on ds, but they are only size 1 and he is 98th centile and likely to outgrow them fairly swiftly. I've also been given some eBay cheapies, which would do him longer but they leak round the legs. I've tried them on the smallest setting, he's over 12lbs at 6 weeks and I've added a bamboo booster to the microfibre one they came with but still leaking. I'm currently trying all of that but with the legs sort of tucked in, to make them a closer fit.
I don't mind the tots bots but when we take them off him they are soaked up to his waist, using a fleece liner in them and we aren't getting any leaks but I just don't like the thought of all the wee against his skin. I'd really like to try more of the fleece lined birth to potty but cost wise I don't think I can run to buying the big brands, he's our last baby so they aren't going to get any more use.
Thinking I should just ditch the eBay nappies as they don't seem to be working (hence why they were given to us!) and look for an alternative for when he's grown out of the tots bots.
I had been reccommended bamboo squares, but can't find them anywhere less than 4.50 each (same price as some of the eBay ones, which DH would actually use without making this face hmm) and they will still have the wet up to the waist problem I guess.
if anyone with more experience than me has got to the end of this and has advice then thankyou!

missmakesstuff Mon 18-May-15 14:32:10

This posted a double thread, no idea why!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now