This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

washing nappies by hand :-O

(5 Posts)
mamacoffee Sun 08-Dec-13 14:54:46

help please tips on washing nappies by hand shock

washing machine has packed in mid nappy wash. i think actually they're mostly clean (although the water was a murky colour i'm stumped about that because ive never seen the nappy wash water like that...don't know if its to do with the washing machine)

they have got washing powder still in them so they need a good rinse. i figure i can do it in the bath, but its not being able to spin them that is stressing me out! that, and the fact that we will have to use sposies for a wee while (pun intended)

or should i take them to the launderette?

Fairylea Sun 08-Dec-13 14:57:48

I'd take them to the launderette. I really think you'll be at it all day hand washing them!

duchesse Sun 08-Dec-13 15:00:08

I second the launderette- you can do a really hot wash for the same price as a 30C there! Then tumble dry them all for £1 and in 35 mn!

mamacoffee Sun 08-Dec-13 15:36:17

ok thank you, will have to do that then....will have to take out the shopping trolley cos a black bag full of soaking wet nappies is pretty heavy confused

upset that dd will in sposies for a while now....

mamacoffee Sun 08-Dec-13 20:10:01

well im back from the launderette...of all the options it was the best, so thank you for the advice. but the dryers there are really slow!! so had to come back with partially wet nappies (and other partially wet clothes!) never mind at least they're clean!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now