This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

cloth nappies for very tall/big children

(12 Posts)
rednellie Sat 02-Nov-13 12:19:43

Anyone got any recommendations for brands/sizes for cloth nappies for large toddlers. My nephew is TALL and size 2 little lamb and bum genius nappies no longer fit him (especially round the waist). The nappy lady hasn't offered any other alternatives. Any suggestions?

RandomMess Sat 02-Nov-13 12:20:58

Yes absolutely - the bumbles are the longest I ever found - will go find a link.

RandomMess Sat 02-Nov-13 12:23:07

I found the ordinary nippa bumbles were longer in the rise than tots bots large, however they now do these which must be huge!

www.easypeasynappies.co.uk/bumper-nippa-fastening-colours-910-p.asp

rednellie Sat 02-Nov-13 20:48:40

Oh brilliant. I'll forward to the giant couple! [Grin]

Alamaya Sun 10-Nov-13 11:42:06

size three little lambs bamboo fitted and size 3 pockets
size three bamboozles
large fuzzibunz
xx

Aquariusgirl86 Sun 10-Nov-13 17:46:06

Size 3 tots bots and size 3 little lambs, my preference would be for little lambs. My 2.5 year old is still in size 2 but my 14 month old is on the 98th centile so if he doesn't potty train early I'll be stocking up on size 3 bamboozles

rednellie Fri 15-Nov-13 15:11:24

Thanks all, this is a great help. I'll pass it all on (my two that are still in nappies are tiny, so I wasn't much help!)

Aquariusgirl86 Sun 17-Nov-13 09:14:21

I've just started using a mama knows nappies on my 2.5 year old, they are a generous fit and the nappy lady has them on offer 5 for £29.95

rednellie Sun 17-Nov-13 11:51:08

Thanks Aquarius. I've had some like that for my lot and have always been a bit disappointed with the absorbency. Do you reckon they're ok?

Aquariusgirl86 Sun 17-Nov-13 12:23:22

Yes, but I boost everything for my 2.5 year old with the bamboo that goes in the little lamb pockets (you know the one that you fold in to 3? £4 on the nappy lady) I use that booster with bamboozles and little lambs shaped and a mama knows and it's my ultimate combination! The amk nappies seem to have the same absorbency as bamboozles and same drying time, but are considerably cheaper so I went for that to up my stash. I'd say bamboozles are still my favourite tho but the absorbency seems the same. My 2.5 year old is very heavy wetter but still lasts 3 -4 hours. Think the key is a good booster tbh and the little lamb folded one is very slim for the absorbency. I can fit it inside the nappy easily but if they did ever get too small could put between the wrap and nappy. I just ordered another 5 grin

Slacktacular Thu 23-Jan-14 19:41:24

Fuzzibunz perfect size are pretty generous. My long tall (skinny-ish) 16 month old has a couple of mediums and she should get a good few more months out of them I reckon. She's just on the limit of size 2 LIttle Lambs now. I think Fuzzibunz just brought out an XL size too, but Juliet at Wahable Nappy Co finds many children don't even need L before they're potty trained. Good reliable pocket but I've used a little Lambs triple bamboo booster under the supplied insert to get enough absorbency now DD is bigger (and weeing like a cart horse)

AlohaMama Thu 30-Jan-14 14:05:40

I had issues with my tall DS. Once he outgrew the fuzzibunz one-size he went into Real Easy nappies, on recommendation from mnet. I used the large size and those were great and had good absorbency. Sadly he's now outgrown those but still not potty trained...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now