This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tesco own brand?

(9 Posts)
Bubbless Tue 15-Oct-13 13:59:44

Has anyone tried the Tesco own brand nappies, the ones lower than Tesco loves baby? They are so cheap (£1.40 for 20) which is about half the price we are currently paying for little angels...... Are they any good?

mrsmartin1984 Wed 16-Oct-13 13:12:52

I normally use cloth but use reusables when away. Have tried both asda and tescos. They are pretty much the same. Only used one pack of each though

Bubbless Thu 17-Oct-13 09:09:52

Aha okay, might give them a shot then!

caz05 Fri 18-Oct-13 17:21:23

I use the sainaburys own which are £1.41 a pack and they are excellent would highly recommend those but the only come in size 4 & 5

Bubbless Sat 19-Oct-13 08:32:30

My daughters in a size 4 so that's okay, I gave the own bran Tesco a go and they were good, but smaller than what is call a 'standard' size 4, and they don't so 4+! Would you say sainsburys are true to a size?

absentmindeddooooodles Sat 19-Oct-13 08:54:32

The tesco value ones are fine in the day but not absorbent enough at night I found.

The shape isnt very good around where the tabs do up....dont go round far enough.

Best ones ive found were the asda little angels ones. If you buy the big packs it works out really cheap smile

dashoflime Sat 19-Oct-13 08:58:26

I've used the value ones- they are fine but they come up quite small so you might need a bigger size than you think.
They're not always cheaper either- TESCO Loves Baby are often the same price or less when there's a deal on.

caz05 Sat 19-Oct-13 12:18:15

I would say the sainsburys ones are true to size we use size 5 and have never had any problems with them.

Bubbless Sat 19-Oct-13 17:40:07

We use the little angels ones at the moment, but we are down to one income so trying to save money where we can.. Unfortunately I don't think nappies is one of them. We had the problem with the shape of the tabs too on the Tesco value ones sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now