Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

fed up with poo going up his back!

(9 Posts)
jujumum78 Wed 09-Oct-13 20:57:25

surely there is a nappy with an elasticated band around the back to avoid explosive poos escaping up the back? Huggies used to do a elasticated waist all around (I think) but now they're gone who else does? Pampers don't. Sainsbury's Little Ones don't. Getting really fed up of washing poo out of baby grows! DS takes size 3-4. Please someone help!

gamerchick Wed 09-Oct-13 21:01:12

Go up a size in vests if you use the popper underneath type. Try to stay closer to the bottom of the weight range in nappies.

SJisontheway Wed 09-Oct-13 21:05:34

Don't put the nnappy on too high. Leave it a bit lower slung and a bit of a pouch to hold what it needs to.

elpth Wed 09-Oct-13 22:29:29

Go into reusables! I did for exactly that reason (was washing so many pooey clothes, thought I may as well wash nappies). I use Totsbots Easyfit V3s which are as easy to put on as a disposable but have an elasticated waist band and are just SO much better in every way. No nasty chemical smell either. Plus has saved me loads of money etc etc (I have become rather evangelical!)

mrsmartin1984 Thu 10-Oct-13 01:50:24

That's why I use reusables (well one of many reasons). All of them have elastic around the back. The only time I had a poo leak is when my OH didn't put it on possible.

I use disposables when away. I put a waterproof wrap over the nappy to prevent poo explosions

Sunnysummer Thu 10-Oct-13 02:29:03

Agree with SJ. Nappy low and tightish - DS only poos about once a week, so until we discovered the poo pouch method we lost a few nice tops! confused

anderel Thu 10-Oct-13 17:27:30

Never had a poo escape up the back in our reusables! Little lambs are often on sale. The one size fits most have been really good to us (skinny mini) and my friend (chunky monkey). I also use close parent pop-ins which are a bit slimmer.

stargirl1701 Thu 10-Oct-13 20:13:13

That's why we switched to cloth. What about a cloth nappy wrap on top of the disposable? Blueberry or Motherease wraps are bombproof.

FindMeAHouse Thu 10-Oct-13 20:18:29

We used a reusable outer wrap over our disposable nappy. Any leaks were contained (at least temporarily). Was essential for us, especially web out and about as dc did huge poos that needed to be washed up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now