This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

older children in night time nappies - suggestions please ?

(10 Posts)
HormonalHousewife Tue 08-Oct-13 13:06:38

DS doesnt seem to be getting anywhere near dry at night <sigh> and the size 2 nappies are a bit too small now.

Having managed 6 years in reusables I am really reluctant to go down the disposable route now.

Any good suggestions for an average sized 6 year old ?

CatWithKittens Wed 09-Oct-13 11:34:37

We have always used toddler size terries at this stage - they come in 67 and 75 cm squares. We have found them both big enough and, when padded with a standard size nappy, absorbent enough, for 6 year olds. We have always plastic pants and our eldest told us when I tried disposables on holiday that the terries were more "comfy" because there wasn't a lot of nasty sticky plastic touching him.

HormonalHousewife Wed 09-Oct-13 13:52:07

Thats a good idea can you remember where you got your plastic pants from ?

Funnily enough my DS prefers the comforting feeling of a cloth nappy too and i can quite understand why.

Last night was a dry one but I'm not counting any chickens just yet !

HormonalHousewife Wed 09-Oct-13 13:52:55

Thats a good idea can you remember where you got your plastic pants from ?

Funnily enough my DS prefers the comforting feeling of a cloth nappy too and i can quite understand why.

Last night was a dry one but I'm not counting any chickens just yet !

CatWithKittens Thu 10-Oct-13 11:17:50

We used Brumas ones made by Boots for a long time but then they stoped dping them. Since then we have been lucky because my MIL found a packet of 12 on ebay. They were made a long time ago and she remembered from DH's chidlhood that they were big. We have kept those for the very last stages of DSs 1 and 2 but I think other XL or Toddler size ones which were reasonably baggy in design would probably have fitted because their waist and hip sizes did not go up dramatically between about 3 and 6 - it was more the extra bulk of the nappies and the leg elastics which made for difficulties with some makes. Somebody told me that the Incontinence Shop sells childsize pants, at a cost - it might be worth "googling"? HTH a little

hazchem Tue 22-Oct-13 09:19:26
Lizzie1973 Tue 31-Dec-13 11:56:44

Try looking at the following website www.everynappy.co.uk a friend of mine recently bought some nappies from here and said they were excellent. I think this site is aimed at adults but she bought a brand called Molicare in Extra Small size and they fitted her 7 year old well. Had a quick look myself and they have a size guide on there. Give it a go x

lovelylaura84 Mon 27-Jan-14 16:33:11

Agree with Lizzie1973, we bought them too. They are bigger than size 7 but more absorbent as well. Fits DD (6 years) perfectly and few if any leaks. This is the exact page we got them from molicare nappies for kids

Lizzie1973 Mon 27-Jan-14 16:36:45

Thanks lovelylaura84. I should have put a link. There is a blog post all about it that we were reading, that's how we found out: www.everynappy.co.uk/blog/size-7-nappies-for-bigger-or-older-children-bigger-nappies-compared

Guardianto2 Sat 22-Feb-14 18:00:46

I've found the Pullups style nappies like underjams constantly leak.
My 6 year old still fits into Asda Little Angels 6+ and aldis own brand Mamia size 6.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now