Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Why the heck are my TotsBots bamboozles taking so long to dry!?

(12 Posts)
Cookethenook Wed 02-Oct-13 16:17:28

We've now run out of nappies because they're taking so long.

They said '12 hours in a warm airing cupboard'. Well they've been in a very warm boiler cupboard for about a day and a half and they're still not blinking dry around the elastic! We have a fast spin on the washing machine. Could it be because they're new? Any tips?

stargirl1701 Wed 02-Oct-13 17:01:42

Bamboo takes 24-36 hours to dry in my house!

mrsmartin1984 Wed 02-Oct-13 17:09:26

It's the practicalities of real nappies. The nappies that absorb more (bamboo) take much longer to dry. Whereas one which won't absorb as much (microfibre) will take a much shorter time. It's because the more absorbent nappies absorb loads of water in the wash and this has to evaporate. And this weather is the worse, to damp to put outside but to warm to stick the heating on so they go on the radiators. So either stick them in a tumble dryer or wait I'm afraid.

anderel Wed 02-Oct-13 20:31:48

All my bamboo nappies are taking DAYS to dry in this weather (started outside then brought inside to go on airer). Am getting a bit down about it. Luckily I have some back-ups (Mother ease and One life). Grrrrrr!!!

surfingbabies Sun 13-Oct-13 08:34:55

I ended up buying more because they take so long to dry :-(

NotCitrus Sun 13-Oct-13 08:40:06

I put them on radiators in this weather - the ones on racks away from the heat just don't dry. And have lots of nappies. At least now I want radiators on, after that frustrating time when it's too damp/cold outside and no faster inside.

brettgirl2 Sun 10-Nov-13 19:16:12

Yeah 36 hours in my airing cupboard, 12 my arse.

darkdays Sun 10-Nov-13 19:24:27

About twelve hours with the dehumidifier running. Seems like days without!

RandomMess Sun 10-Nov-13 19:26:37

Sounds about right to me - all down to the humidity and warmth in your house I'm afraid.

FoofFighter Mon 11-Nov-13 16:47:11

Stick a cold fan near them, or hang by an open window off the curtain rails, they need air. or a dehumidifier.

KirstyJC Mon 11-Nov-13 16:50:02

Yep, bamboo takes ages if you can't hang out in the sun or put on a radiator or tumble drier. It does mean they are great at holding onto liquid - so really absorbant and last ages when on the baby - but a right pain to dry!

I used bamboo mainly for nights and stuck to cotton or microfibre ones for daytime nappies.

Can you put them on the radiators? I think most instructions say not to, but I did it for 4 years and mine were fine....

FoofFighter Mon 11-Nov-13 18:25:10

I put my fleece liners onto the radiator first and then the bamboo on top so it's not direct heat as such

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now