This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

HELP! - tommee tippee sangenic not working

(6 Posts)
badguider Sun 29-Sep-13 18:22:00

We have a four week old and a kind friend has given us a second hand tommee tippee sangenic nappy bin. The problem is that it doesn't seem to work. I've had a look online and it seems that somehow it's supposed to twist the nappy sack round the nappy but ours just spins round and round when you turn the handle, not twisting at all.... has anybody got any experience of these? We didn't have any instructions so it's very likely I'm doing something wrong...

LaVitaBellissima Sun 29-Sep-13 18:24:06

Have you tied a knot at he bottom of the bins and hooked it on to the part underneath the lid?

The first nappy doesn't twist well but once there is a bit of weight in there they work quite well.

AnyaKnowIt Sun 29-Sep-13 18:24:13

Have you tied a knot and placed it on the hook underneath?

badguider Sun 29-Sep-13 20:01:52

Where is this hook? And why is it not mentioned in the online instructions??

badguider Sun 29-Sep-13 20:47:20

Ok. Can't find a hook anywhere but the end with the knot obviously needs anchoring so I've trapped it between the lid and bin when I put the lid back on. It seems to work.
If anybody can point me to the hook please do...

ouryve Sun 29-Sep-13 20:49:52

PLenty of experience. They were no more effective than a good, metal bin, with a liner plus nappy bags, I'm afraid, plus the cartridges cost a fortune.

We dithce dours after a few months. Onlt bought it because it was half price, in the first place. Soon found out why. It's one of those items where they really saw the new parents coming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now