Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Little Lamb bombproof wraps and blisters!

(7 Posts)
EagleRay Tue 24-Sep-13 18:19:12

I'm fairly new to cloth nappies (3 weeks in) and started off with a pile of Little Bloom nappies with inserts, then decided to try some Little Lambs.

I've just bought some bombproof wraps to go over them (nearly new off Ebay) and poor DD's legs got the most awful red marks. Then this morning her leg had actually blistered. A quick google shows this to be a common, or at least not unknown problem. Never had this problem at all with the Little Blooms.

Thing is, most people talk about switching to a different type of wrap, but I feel a bit peeved as have only just bought them and don't really want to spend any more money for the time being.

Does anyone know of a way of using them so that you don't get red marks/blisters? Is it DD's leg shape that's causing them? Also, is it worth getting in touch with the company to find out what they say?

It's so frustrating as had just got DP on board with using the nappies (he's found nappy changes a bit stressful with the new system) and this really isn't helping sad

PurplePidjin Tue 24-Sep-13 18:42:06

No idea, but it's really common for different brands to suit different babies. Sell your LLs to fund a different type maybe?

I use AIOs during the day, and 2 parters over night. Fleece or wool are much better for nappies that will be on for long periods as there's nothing to rub smile

stargirl1701 Tue 24-Sep-13 21:28:21

I didn't like the LL or Tots Bots wraps for exactly the same reason. I use Motherease & Blueberry wraps.

EagleRay Tue 24-Sep-13 21:57:38

Oh dear - I really wish it was as straightforward as finding a brand that's had good reviews, buying and then using! I've heard good things about Motherease and Blueberry though.

Feeling really despondent about the nappies at the moment - picked a bad time to start as DD constantly having runny poos, is starting nursery and the colder weather means it's taking ages to get them dry again. Never mind, I shall persevere a bit longer.

Thanks for your replies!

PurplePidjin Tue 24-Sep-13 22:32:45

Have you found any of the big Facebook groups yet? Or your local nappy library/nappucino? Worth looking for Attachment parent groups and sling libraries too as they often go hand in hand if it's too hippy dippy you don't have to go back wink

You can get disposable liners in tesco etc that protect the nappy from the worst of the poo smile

PurplePidjin Tue 24-Sep-13 22:36:26

Easyfits are available in tesco and Boots and Miosolos in Kiddicare btw. I would go for those for nursery, they work pretty much like disposables - just tuck the tongue (plus a booster if needed) in and send them ready prepped. Easyfits were 3 for 2 in Boots recently, i use 3-4 per day on my 10mo (boosted) which is as cheap as buying good condition preloved

smallsheep Wed 25-Sep-13 16:30:49

It could be incorrect fitting of the wrap, the elastic should sit in the groin close to the nappy (knicker line), and not further down the thigh, so try hitching the wrap up a little, you should be able to slide your finger easily in around the seam to ensure it is not being fastened too tightly.
Babies are all shapes and sizes, so what works brilliantly for one may be no good at all on another little one, so sometimes it can be a case of finding what work for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now