This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Little lamb help please!

(5 Posts)
trilbydoll Mon 23-Sep-13 15:48:33

I have 2 size one LLs, I wanted to use them at night. I (sensibly) decided to try them daytime first.

1) only used one booster in the nappy. 3.5 hours later, everything soaked.

2) used one booster in the nappy, and two outside the nappy. 3.5 hours later clothes are still dry but I reckon another 30 minutes would have required a full outfit change.

So by this maths, for a whole night I would need 8 boosters!! I suspect the wrap wouldn't go over that many! Do I need size 2? Or do babies wee less at night and no one told me?!

DD is 4 months and about 14lb, she is 25th centile so I thought I would get a few months out of the size 1s.

Thanks smile

mrsmartin1984 Mon 23-Sep-13 18:14:17

You can buy super boosters. Personally I didn't get on with LLs. I preferred bambinex. I think it is because LLs are 50% bamboo compared with 90%.

The weight is just a guide, my daughter is still on the lower settings but she is a long baby. Also what type of wrap are you using are are you making sure it's on tight enough round the legs.

Also you can use size 2s on smaller babies. They just look bigger on (and ridiculous on a newborn). It's the wrap that's key to holding it in

Sounds like your daughter pisses like a horse!!!

trilbydoll Mon 23-Sep-13 20:16:44

Lol, yep i think everything goes straight thro like a human tiny tears doll!

I will be a bit more diligent with the wrap and see how we go. Maybe stick to daytime and continue searching for nighttime, bambinex it is next!

mrsmartin1984 Mon 23-Sep-13 20:21:38

I have some friends who use bamboozles and swear by them.

FoofFighter Wed 02-Oct-13 13:06:15

OP is she sleeping through or still feeding at night? if not feeding they won't be peeing all night in theory.

My 7w DD sleeps through now and can last 8-10hrs with a little lamb or lollipop microfibre nappy with a hemp booster between that and the motherease wrap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now