This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Need encouragement with cloth!

(2 Posts)
Thatsnotmyfigure Sat 21-Sep-13 08:10:32

Help! Been using cloth nappies with DS from 3 m old till 13 months. Recently his poos have been huge and not firm (sorry!) and filled the nappy. I guess it's teething. I'm v happy with the liners I use - thick paper ones, but the volume of aforesaid is just too much and I have to clear up handfuls of the stuff myself with loo roll with wriggly toddler writhing around me. It is just too much mess and too much close contact with poo. It has put me off and have reverted to disposables this last week sad I love cloth nappies. What should I do?

mrsmartin1984 Sat 21-Sep-13 12:56:56

Go back. Think of all the money you save. It he did a proper explosive poo in a disposible it would shoot up the back and wreck his cloths. At least it contains it.

Try giving him a toy to play with, cleaning up the poo on the messy nappy after you have changed him (move it to one side)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now