This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best swim nappies?

(9 Posts)
propsandmayhem Tue 17-Sep-13 13:57:30

Hi all! I'm going away with DP and DS (9mos, in size 4) this weekend and I'm keen to take DS into the baby pool. I've not taken him swimming before so I have no idea about swim nappies. What brand are the best & any do's/don'ts? TIA

trilbydoll Tue 17-Sep-13 14:25:33

We have only been once so far, but I used a Huggies swim nappy and a SplashAbout neoprene nappy over the top. Seemed to work okay but she didn't poo so I didn't really put it to the test!

Don't forget the swim nappies catch poo only, if you try and save time by putting it on before you leave the house, you might all end up a bit wet!

mrsmartin1984 Tue 17-Sep-13 15:17:23

I use the splash about happy nappy with a nappy wrap. But I use reuseable nappies anyway so makes sense

Msbluesky32 Tue 17-Sep-13 15:36:09

We used a bambino mio one last week and it was a good fit. Dd didn't poo either but it was a good fit around the legs and had an adjustable waist which was really handy

FlamingGallah Tue 17-Sep-13 15:38:15

Second a Huggies swim nappy with Happy Nappy costume over the top. It's what most of the formal baby swim schools insist on too. Have done 3 years of baby swimming and never had a poo leak smile

FlamingGallah Tue 17-Sep-13 15:38:43

The baby that is, not me...

Pascha Tue 17-Sep-13 15:39:25

Huggies is the best of the disposable ones IMO. If you're going away though, I would just buy a reusable one like bambino mio. You can get them in Boots, they look just like little swimming trunks. Put a pair of shorts or a swimming wrap over the top and you're sorted.

boardingschoolbaby Tue 17-Sep-13 15:46:31

We used huggies on holiday this summer. They managed to contain a couple of poonamis. We were impressed.

FoofFighter Tue 17-Sep-13 18:20:06

A washable cloth pocket nappy (without the absorbent insert put in) - about a fiver from www.tjclothnappies.co.uk and will last from birth to 3 at least.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now