This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Reusable Wipes

(6 Posts)
MorelloKiss Mon 09-Sep-13 21:17:59

Please forgive the silly question but I am expecting and wanting to use reusable nappies and wipes, but there is something I can't get my head round.

Ok, so I understand that nb breast fed poo will likley absorb into the nappy as is liquid, and anyhow is fine to go into washing machine,so presumably that is also true for whatever ends up on the wipes...

....however, once weaning a nappy liner can be used and poo goes down the loo, ok so far. But with sposies I understand you sort of do the 1st bottom wipe with the nappy and then the clean-up job with wipes, but with reusables how does this work? If the poo is a bit squished to the bottom, does the reusable wipe not end pu covered in poo and what do you do with it so you don't end up with the 'clean poo' in the wash phenomenon I've heard about.

Does that make any sense? confused

lorisparkle Mon 09-Sep-13 23:14:52

I often used toilet tissue with the 'getting rid of large bits of poo' problem then reusable wipes. I have mini muslin cloths from mothercare which I bought nearly 7 years ago! Still going strong!

I use reusable nappies and wipes. I still do the first bottom wipe as you would do with a disposable, with the nappy and the liner in place. Then any bits of solid poo still left behind I get off with some loo roll as loris said. Whole lot gets flushed and the wipe just cleans up the skin. Job done!

FoofFighter Tue 10-Sep-13 12:55:53

I don't do the use the nappy as a wipe thing with my cloth nappies for some reason that's never even entered my head til now confused , but if the first wipe is particularly bad I hold it in the loo and flush to get the worst off, same as with the nappy.
DD now has playdoh like poo due to gaviscon so it kind of peels off now and plops into the loo anyway.

MorelloKiss Fri 20-Sep-13 10:54:36

Thanks for your replies guys.

I am deeply suspicious of flush able liners, I suspect hey. Will clog my drains, but using loo roll seems very sensible!

surfingbabies Sun 13-Oct-13 08:40:11

I use washable liners and my DD is at the messy poo stage, I just hold them in the loo & flush! I also have a soak bucket for the really dirty wet wipes so they get rinsed before they go into my machine.....I then empty the bucket down the toilet! It can be a messy process if honest but well worth it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now