Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

11 month old in size 5s and they are getting tight?!

(8 Posts)
shouldibecrossaboutthis Sun 08-Sep-13 20:53:48

My Ds has just turned 11 months old, he has always worn tesco own brand ultra dry nappies. He is currently in a size 5 and the last two mornings we have had leaking dirty nappies which has always been a sign they are getting too small.

They fit ok in the waist and thigh, it seems to be his big bottom that causes the trouble; there doesn't seem to be much space!

Does anyone know if some brands are bigger than others by any chance? Trying to avoid the expense of trying lots of different ones. Thanks.

do they not do the size 5+ and size 6 ones?

NatashaBee Sun 08-Sep-13 21:57:35

It's always harder to find the bigger sizes in stores. I order pampers from amazon, I get a discount for scheduling a regular order.

shouldibecrossaboutthis Mon 09-Sep-13 09:09:25

ilovepowerhoop - nope they only go up to size 5 sadly! The do bigger sizes in a slightly different cut of nappy - I've got some coming today so we will see!

NatashaBee - Pampers was the first brand I tried but they always leak wee in the morning sad

fatgirlslimited Mon 09-Sep-13 09:21:39

I used to have this problem with my DD I switched to the active fit ones as the elastic around the bum area is much better and I got 5+ it's the same size as 5 but more has more absorption

Fairylea Mon 09-Sep-13 09:23:19

I have a chunky monkey and aldi size 5 ones are the best fit on him. Tesco seem to come up a bit tighter around his thighs.

shouldibecrossaboutthis Tue 10-Sep-13 16:21:43

Brilliant thanks fairylea I will try the Aldi ones, we had some before and they were quite good I just prefer Tesco as they're cheaper.

Fatgirlslimited: do you mean active fit pampers? Or a different brand? Thanks again both!

hasibe Sat 14-Sep-13 00:03:15

i have been using active fit pamper from the birth for my girl and i am very happy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now