This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help! No idea!

(30 Posts)
fl0b0t Fri 06-Sep-13 15:07:37

Hello all! I'm still a bit scared of mumsnet, but having got a great community in antenatal clubs, I'm braving the rest of the forums.

I've been very very kindly given 3 types (well 4) of reuseable nappies. I'm hoping to use them where possible but feel a bit blinded by them.

I've got some Motherease all in ones and some Motherease inner & outers, some Kushies all in ones and a couple of big fluffy woolly ones which simply have a picture of a sheep on the label! Baby due in 2 ish weeks... I've stuck them all in the washing machine to see what happens (most the labels are readable ish)...

I just want to know what I need, how to prepare myself for using them- any tips based on the specific brands..... anything anyone can do to help! I don't want to end up just defaulting to disposeables for being "easier"!

Thanks in advance!

FoofFighter Sun 13-Oct-13 23:19:56

I've since discovered woolly pants too, and highyl recommend them for when baby starts sleeping through smile

peanutMD Mon 14-Oct-13 14:54:32

First of all congratulations!!

Secondly one your washing routine is nailed reusables are dead easy.

I put my wet nappies straight into a big Karrimor dry bag and rinse the soiled ones in the toilet before chucking in the bag too.

I wash every third day which works well for us, i do a cold rinse, 40/50 wash, rinse and line or airer dry using only 2 tablespoons of powder.

Stains generally sun out on the line out on a window ledge, just keep the stain dry.

When out and about i just put my dirty nappies in a small wet bag (ziplock bags work just as well) and don't find this any more trouble.

fl0b0t Wed 16-Oct-13 13:33:29

thanks all! Dry pail, will try another wash today! Got powder, will try extra rinse and spin too! Putting them in the sun kinda tricky but will try!

FoofFighter Fri 18-Oct-13 08:18:02

Even just hung up on one of those socks/pants things hung from the rail in a window will work, doesn't need to be height of summer sunshine for UV to work, just normal days too although would obv take longer smile

fl0b0t Mon 21-Oct-13 21:18:42

Bought a second drying rack for downstairs smile nappies feel very rough and crunchy sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now