This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

AIOs - are they any better these days?

(5 Posts)
mynameisnotmichaelcaine Wed 04-Sep-13 14:46:29

Hi all,

I used cloth on both of my babies, but they are now 9 and 7, and things seem to have changed a little bit! I am due DC3 any day now (well, actually on Monday, but s/he is clearly not ready just yet!) and have a stash of nappies which have been passed on by friends, MEOS and some kind of new-fangled Tots Bots that look quite different from the ones I had!

I don't really need any more nappies, but when mine were little I had a couple of AIOs, which tended to look more attractive than ME wraps for first crawling pics etc smile I had Fuzzi Bunz and Minkis (just a couple of each), but was never really very impressed by them, they were OK, but leaked much more than a two-part nappy with a ME wrap.

Are there any good AIOs on the market these days? Not bothered about them being birth-to-potty, as am looking more for photo-opportunity nappies rather than bread and butter ones iyswim, but would rather have ones that I don't have to change both the nappy and every single item of clothing for! grin

mrsmartin1984 Wed 04-Sep-13 17:36:05

I use a mixture of tots bots easyfits, bumgenius and ebay cheapys. Like them all. The cheap ebay ones come in loads of funky patterns. I know allot of people hate them but I get along with them. I use two bamboo inserts with them though.

Boots have 3 for 2 promotion at moment. So you can get 3 plain white ones for £30 which is very good value.

I know it's confusing but go on nappy lady website she sells allot of them and has youtube clips on how they work. She will also email you advice

pudtat Wed 04-Sep-13 23:20:57

I adore my bum genius free times - they are b2p and have never leaked on me! With snaps they last well too.

rrreow Fri 06-Sep-13 12:57:24

If you've got a good stock already and are looking more for photo op nappies, have a look at Alva nappies. They are sold in the UK by someone on Facebook called Pixi Pants. They're the cutest ever (I get comments all the time when DS is in one of those!) and in terms of containment I find them similar to the more expensive brand AIOs. They do need boosting though as a previous poster mentioned, but I find that is the case with any AIOs/pockets that only have microfibre in them.

I definitely find two-parters the way to go though with breastfed poo, but if your baby ends up being reliable with their poo, then you can always use the AIOs for when a poo isn't due.

Msbluesky32 Sun 08-Sep-13 10:47:55

Bumgenius and Alva are very good. I got my Alva ones on babybots for less than £4 each including the insert. I agree they do need boosting. I picked up bamboo boosters from red ruby designs on ebay for just over £1 each.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now