This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Which reusable nappy for 18mth old?

(13 Posts)
HoopHopes Thu 22-Aug-13 19:14:02

Hi

I have used tots bots one size ones but sadly he outgrew them at 16mths and 24lbs. I have also had the 2 part bambino mio nappies in small, medium and large. He is just at 25-26lb outgrowing the large and I have not bought any others.

I use less washable ones now as he is in pampers at childcare but would like some washable ones for the days he is with me. I wonder what people recommend at this age/size? He is just learning to walk so may slim down a little.

I quite like all in one systems but have not found any for 26lb plus.

Just wondered if anyone could recommend any they use for this size.
Thanks
Hoops

BikeRunSki Thu 22-Aug-13 19:31:23

I had the same problem with ds a few years ago, and did n' t find anything. Dd is 22 months now and has just grown out of her Tots Bots Easyfits. I wasn' t expecting to be able to get any to fit now, and she is showing signs that she might want to pt soonish.

HoopHopes Thu 22-Aug-13 19:43:18

Oh hope pt soon for you. Sadly my ds is on 75th centile so outgrew his easy fits. The bambino mio fit but have begun leaving red marks so obviously are not great.

I looked up some online and read about the wizard duo in large and little lambs size 3 but do not want to buy lots if they do not suit him.

If I could have a 2nd child I would not be so cautious but took 7yrs to have this one and no sign of number two so am not assuming can re-use etc!!

BikeRunSki Thu 22-Aug-13 20:03:53

Mine are both 91st centile height but skinny.bwhy don' t you just buy 1 each of the Wizard and Little Lamb to see how they fit?

CelticPromise Thu 22-Aug-13 20:10:56

Terry squares? You can buy large sized ones and fold to suit.

HoopHopes Thu 22-Aug-13 20:36:02

I looked up little lambs and they are not good for long toddlers. May try one wizard though.

Celtic thanks, I have some terry nappies as used them for Muslims with my reflux baby. Which wrap would you suggest for a 26lb plus baby then?

CelticPromise Thu 22-Aug-13 20:39:02

Motherease Airflow xl? they are still too big for my 4yo, he's very skinny though admittedly.

HoopHopes Thu 22-Aug-13 22:16:08

Oh I will look ose up, not heard of them, thanks!

picklechops Fri 23-Aug-13 14:10:30

Bum genius are cut great for big/long toddlers. Love ours

HoopHopes Fri 23-Aug-13 19:45:40

Oh thanks for that, useful to know!

slackdan Fri 30-Aug-13 22:47:39

From a similar reply I gave on another thread...

We'd second the Pop'n'Gro pocket in size 2. They will fit a very big baby - they say 35lbs+. We found them great with DD1 but DD2 is much slighter so they tended to gape around the legs a bit. But, for a chunky or big toddler they'd be really good & last right up to potty training.

Looks like they're on special too at the moment at hunnybums.

Also, the large Charlie Banana are enormous & could probably fit a small adult! They're a bit more expensive but very luxurious.

rrreow Fri 06-Sep-13 13:03:08

RealEasies do sized nappies. They're nice and have room for boosting.

My toddler (28mo) is about 75 centile for height and his Bamboozle size 2s still fit (getting a bit short now though) with an Airflow size L or Blueberry coverall, eBay cheapies (Alva) fit fine and so do Bambino MioSolo. He's got a couple of RealEasies in size L.

With BumGenius be careful as I think it will depend on which one. I tried some Freetimes and they were much too short around 18 months already. I think the newest ones (v4.0??) or the Elemental are more suitable for tall babies. I think the Nappy Lady website has more advice on what's suitable for tall kids.

HoopHopes Fri 06-Sep-13 22:10:48

Ooh more new ones to look up. I have ordered some bambino ones to try but need more. If I am lucky enough to have a second I am so going to enjoy having more reusable nappies as I never had enough and love them!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now