Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

All in one nappies - dry pailing them wet

(8 Posts)
blushingmare Thu 22-Aug-13 14:16:04

Weird title I know. I'm just starting out with reusables so lots of silly questions!

I'm using Bumgenius Freetimes. When we get poo overflow from the liner onto the nappy I saw suggested on here that you hold them in the toilet and do a flush so worst of the poo rinses off and doesn't dry on the nappy. But this then means putting them in the nappy bucket pretty wet. I think you're not supposed to wet pail all in ones because it makes them lose the waterproofing? So is what I'm doing the equivalent of soaking them as they sit it the bucket wet?

Hope that makes sense what I'm asking?!

marzipananimal Sat 24-Aug-13 19:55:08

I was wondering the exact same thing! Hope someone answers

Kelbells Sun 25-Aug-13 09:17:45

We do this and haven't had a problem (we mainly use a mix of easy fits and various bumgenius).
I rinse with the shower head over the loo, let the nappy drip for a moment then dry pail, tbh I don't see as being much wetter than a really peed out nappy. Wet pailing is a much greater volume of water and more of a soup of effluent! shock
I wash every couple of days and have no mould, pul degradation etc.... Yet... (DS is 10mo)

teabagpleb Sun 25-Aug-13 10:39:20

Not a problem - I have some Kushies all in ones and use paper liners, and only need to flush one every few weeks, so each nappy only gets it every 6 months or so. And only the inner is really sopping, the outer isn't much more damp than usual.

A really icky nappy means I might wash a load that wasn't quite full.

I started using bumgenius elemental for my 4wo DD last week. I just flush the liner and just dry pail the nappy regardless of the mess. I wash every other morning at the longest regardless of number. Should I be doing something different when there is poo on the outer cover? Why?

Kelbells Mon 26-Aug-13 09:22:44

Remembering, if your DD is bf, carry on - bf poo just washes out. It's when it's more solid weaning poo or ff poo that you need to rinse as much off of the nappy as poss (if the liner hasn't caught it)

Ah ok, cool! Thanks smile

blushingmare Wed 28-Aug-13 07:25:02

Thanks for your replies. I also asked The Nappy Lady this and she said it was fine, for anyone else that is wondering!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now