This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How often do you change your reusables?

(8 Posts)
blushingmare Tue 13-Aug-13 16:09:44

I'm trying out reusables as my friend has lent me her Easyfits. She warned me that obviously you have to change more frequently than disposables, but I am getting (wee) leeks after an hour and a half, sometimes less. Is this the norm for reusables or should I try another nappy? DD is 14mo and a relatively big wee-er I think!

nickelbabe Tue 13-Aug-13 16:21:08

you don't normally need to change them more often than disposables.

Easyfits have alterable rises - there are sets of double poppers down the front, so you can change the height of the nappy - that's usually the main reason for a leak that early.
Try that, and if it doesn't work, you could add an extra booster inside the nappy.
it's basically just checking the fit.

DD has a couple of Easyfits, and she gets hers changed every 3 hours-ish if there's no poo.
it took her a while to fit into them,though, because of the rise issue.

blushingmare Tue 13-Aug-13 19:24:44

Thanks Nickel, I'll try that. Would that make them leak out the back though? Because where they seem to be leaking is the legs - wee coming through the fabric by the legs that doesn't have the padding iyswim.

nickelbabe Wed 14-Aug-13 14:01:06

out the back is weird, unless you've not folded the padding in properly.
check the way it's sitting - it should come right up to the top under the nylon flappy bit before it folds over to tuck in.

oh i see what you mean!!
no, just make sure that it's still quite high on her waist - most of the wee goes to the bottom/underneath - it shouldn't come out of the back/top.
and if the waist is tight enough.

blushingmare Wed 14-Aug-13 14:28:43

Thanks nickel - that seems to have helped. Haven't had any leaks so far today grin Making them shorter does seem to create a gap at the front around a tummy a bit though, although nothing leaking out of it! Also, she's getting quite significant elastic marks on her legs and waist - is that normal? I do them up so they're fairly snug, but I can easily fit a finger in. Not sure if I'm doing them too tight?

blushingmare Wed 14-Aug-13 14:28:50

Thanks nickel - that seems to have helped. Haven't had any leaks so far today grin Making them shorter does seem to create a gap at the front around a tummy a bit though, although nothing leaking out of it! Also, she's getting quite significant elastic marks on her legs and waist - is that normal? I do them up so they're fairly snug, but I can easily fit a finger in. Not sure if I'm doing them too tight?

probably need a booster. at 13mo I couldn't work out why all DDS nappies were leaking until I had a durrr moment that she is a big girl now and holds her sees for a while then let s go. leaking round the legs us normal

I found easy fits did rub thighs a bit - I didn't get on with them very well tbh. dd also suffered a lot with nappy rash which seemed exacerbated by them but I don't know for sure.

nickelbabe Wed 14-Aug-13 15:45:10

i tend to find that DD looks more baggy once she stands up.
the elastic marks should be okay, but you could push the nappy leg part inwards, towards the joints if it looks too much.
(to a less bulky part of leg!)
or even just experiment with tightness if you're worried smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now