This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Waitrose Disposables

(15 Posts)
PseudoBadger Mon 12-Aug-13 17:48:52

Waitrose have just started doing their own brand disposable nappies. Has anyone tried them? I've just bought a pack so I'll let you know what I think.

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Mon 12-Aug-13 19:08:16

Ooh! Sounds good. >marks place for review<

Msbluesky32 Tue 13-Aug-13 12:15:34

Yes we are just finishing up a pack now. Tbh they are pretty good but not any better than tesco own brand (which are less/about the same) One thing I noticed straight away is the smell - they really really smell of chemicals

PseudoBadger Tue 13-Aug-13 13:22:45

Oh no I hate chemical smell on nappies <glares at pampers newborn>

Msbluesky32 Tue 13-Aug-13 15:42:48

And they are gappy at the back ....not buying again. Have to say the smell knocks my head off, lol

PseudoBadger Wed 14-Aug-13 07:40:09

Well I've just put one on DS this morning and agree about the chemical smell. They also look quite shiny (like that cheap school loo roll).
The CM said that the one my mum put on DS yesterday morning leaked (wee). However that may have been the way she put it on... So I'm trying again today. No way am I brave enough to put them on him overnight grin

purrpurr Wed 14-Aug-13 07:45:58

So glad I'm not the only one who thought that about Pampers newborn! So are the next sizes up not as bad then? I couldn't even smell my newborn's poo over the chemical smell, atrocious!

PseudoBadger Wed 14-Aug-13 08:02:40

Well I avoided Pampers for a long time then tried Baby Dry when Huggies disappeared - Baby Dry are nowhere near as chemically.

Msbluesky32 Thu 15-Aug-13 08:26:55

I agree they feel plasticky - I'm disappointed, who did their research?! There are much better own brand nappies out there that dont knock ur head off with chemicals and are made better ( eg one thing I really like is an elasticated back to help contain explosions). Pampers baby dry don't smell too bad. I'm very tempted to try a few more Eco ones - have any of you tried beaming baby or bumbo?

PseudoBadger Thu 15-Aug-13 09:19:36

They aren't great are they sad

PseudoBadger Fri 16-Aug-13 09:49:11

I think I'm going to take my barely used pack back and get a refund today tbh. They need to know they're not Waitrose quality.

Msbluesky32 Fri 16-Aug-13 14:25:39

That's a really good idea. I'm going to write a review on here and send it to them. Shocking quality!

Msbluesky32 Fri 16-Aug-13 14:39:40

I've just added a review on here. Did they give you your money back?

I use Waitrose Naty and they're pretty good IMHO, I've had zero leaks and no noticeable smell. Moving into clothies in day time from next week tho.

TheContrastOfWhiteOnWhite Thu 22-Aug-13 21:55:43

Naty isn't Waitrose. They just sell them smile. You can get them in Boots too.

I find them pretty good. Mainly use reuseables but use these when we use disposables.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now