This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Skinny toddler: need new nappy suggestions

(7 Posts)
Milliebow Mon 05-Aug-13 14:11:39

I've been using tots bots AIO's since DD was 3 months old. She is now 22 months and I'm finding the are leaking.

They seem to sag down when fairly wet and become baggy around the legs. DD is tall but v. Skinny so thighs are quite thin but need to use the nappy on the biggest size because of the height.

Has anyone got any recommendations for other brands to try or anything else I can do? Really love the convenience of the AIOs. Ah well they are not convenient if they leak are they.

Thanks for any help.

Forgetfulmog Mon 05-Aug-13 14:17:26

I use the Teddy nappies for day time & Bimble (Bumble?) for nighttime. No leaks yet (dd is only 10 mo though), but these were recommended to me as we know dd is going to be tall & slim (prem baby & both dh & I are tall --& working on the slimness grin--)

Milliebow Mon 05-Aug-13 16:35:18

Thanks forgetfulmog. I will have a google. Tots bots have been fine so far. Think the shape she is now just doesn't work! Struggling to find clothes that fit skinny baby with fluffy big bum too.

teaforthree Mon 05-Aug-13 16:43:08

Sized? Real easy mediums fit my 2 year old? They're a bit chunky but I can still crowbar get her into 12-18 month jeans. Charlie Banana are meant to be quite good. We use a lot of two parters and they're very thick. Otherwise, asda jeggings are pretty comfortable and generous, but not loose.

Milliebow Thu 08-Aug-13 17:36:26

Thanks teaforthree. Have ordered some Charlie bananas after looking at them all. Thanks for the asda jeggins tip too. Will get my self over there. She used to live in leggings but all the ones I have found long enough seem to be baggy everywhere other than her bum. Apart from GAP but there are expensive.

Kelbells Sat 10-Aug-13 23:16:01

Not sure how well they fit skinny babies but with the clothing dilemma... You could invest in some new bg elemental nappies - they're really absorbent AND really slim - I keep them for the days I want to stick DS in a trendy pair of skinny jeans or the like! grin

Eskarina Mon 12-Aug-13 09:10:43

Do you boost your tots bots? I'm using easyfits with dd (23months), though they are new as I needed more nappies for the twins (8weeks). I need a bamboo booster in but then they do dd a good couple of hours which is all we were getting out of the flips we were using before. Strip wash? Also check the leg elastics, have they got looser over time? That's why we had to stop using the flips because there is just no stretch left in them. No idea what you can do about it if they have given up though.
I find the easyfit ok on dd, but then she couldn't exactly be described as a skinny baby. She's 98%ile for height and weight and has been in 2-3 clothing for a while now. Dresses are the way fOrward I find.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now