Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Where do you sell/buy used cloth nappies?

(21 Posts)

Can't seem to find any decent sites other than clothnappytree and that's not great?

ReallyTired Mon 29-Jul-13 22:22:27

I think the used nappy market pretty much collapsed when ebay refused to list them anymore. I can't even give away my cloth nappies.

hothereinnit Mon 29-Jul-13 22:25:11

there are some facebook groups.

I popped into one last week, and half an hour later had sold some of mine (one I liked but ds had grown out of). got about 50% of what I paid for them new, so not bad, imo.

ananikifo Mon 29-Jul-13 22:25:51

There are used nappies on eBay. They just get listed as new and the title and/or description explain they're used.

mrsmartin1984 Mon 29-Jul-13 22:53:17

I buy and sell mine on ebay

Giraffeski Tue 30-Jul-13 21:17:01

Reallytired- what are you trying to sell? I might be interested

PinkPepper Tue 30-Jul-13 21:23:26

Facebook groups.

I'm desperate for some tots bots easy fits if you have any

ananikifo Wed 31-Jul-13 07:55:56

How do I find one of these facebook groups? Are there popular ones that people can name, please?

PinkPepper Wed 31-Jul-13 11:02:48

Search 'pre-loved cloth nappies and accessories' its a closed group but someone will accept you quickly. If you want you can add me and I'll add you to all the groups I'm in
https://m.facebook.com/alexandrawood?id=507747955&_rdr

smaths Wed 31-Jul-13 11:06:11

I still use ebay, then also the facebook group mentioned above. Finally also the cloth nappy tree website forum classifieds too

BeCool Wed 31-Jul-13 11:08:54

I sold mine on MN - I did have to pay £5 to register as a seller here though - but I sold the nappies for £50 so it worked out OK.

ananikifo Wed 31-Jul-13 20:35:33

Thanks I've joined the facebook group. smile

Fairylea Wed 31-Jul-13 20:40:11

I'm selling some on eBay. I had to list them as new but then plastered USED all over the listing. It seems to be what everyone does.

FoofFighter Sat 03-Aug-13 17:56:28

There's a whole heap of preloved cloth nappy fb groups that are v busy. Once you have joined one (like the above mentioned maybe) if you look down the side bar it'll give you suggestions of other groups to join.

deemented Sat 03-Aug-13 18:02:21

Damn it, not on fb, I wonder why eBay stopped allowing them to be sold used?!

FoofFighter Mon 05-Aug-13 15:09:56

They a re still there, you just cannot list as used, sometimes they do pull sales though. i've had a lot of ebay preloved bargains smile

WeAreSeven Tue 06-Aug-13 00:31:36

I think it came as part of a ban on used underwear which being bought by pervy guys. Which was not why people were buying used nappies but they got banned as well. So annoying, I used to get loads from ebay.

There is a site usednappies.co.uk here on which I have listed a couple of things but I'm not sure if they will sell as I don't know how much traffic it gets.

emilyeggs Tue 06-Aug-13 18:44:58

I've just bought v2 on eBay but have to be listed as new. They are still there being sold

naturalmamas.co.UK is good

Wibblytummy Wed 28-Aug-13 13:55:53

Other than those cloth nappy groups on facebook, there are also FB groups for the specific nappy types, which are much busier. I found one for Itti Bitti and managed to sell all my Itti nappies in one day. Just search the brand name and you may see a b/s/t page for it come up. I know the gNappies one moves stuff incredibly quick and the Totsbots.

Before I discovered that I used to buy some preloved from babycentre uk. On their chat boards is a preloved cloth nappy page that is very popular I think, not been on in over a year though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now